Automating retrieval of request token

naseefo
Hi,

To get an access token, we need three things: (1) API key, (2) API Secret, and (3) Request Token. In most of the video tutorial, I have seen we have to manually get the request token. Is there any way to automate this process? Because I need to run this in a cloud server.
Tagged:
  • rakeshr
    It is mandatory by the exchange that a user has to log in manually at least once a day. We don't recommend automating login.
  • mlearner
    mlearner edited June 2021
    @rakeshr -

1) For generating fresh access token we have to first re-login to Kite using password & TPIN / TOTP everyday in morning as you get logged out at around 5 am everyday.

2) Then only the below API call goes through to generate request token & then when this goes through we try to generate access token.
    https://kite.trade/connect/login?api_key=***********&v=3
    So there are 2 manual steps to be completed everyday.

If there are critical algos that are supposed to start right with the market at 9:15 am & if for any reason you are late in doing all these manual tasks, your algos for the day go for a toss.

I have already read about "mandatory by the exchange" thing on multiple threads in the forum.

But this is too much of a hassle when you are trying to use technology to ease things and are also paying a monthly fees for API subscriptions.

Do you have any suggestions here to ease things?
  • sujith
    Our stance has always been clear. We want to follow whatever regulations dictate and we would suggest our users do the same.