confusing CNC positions

harshtock
i have taken a look at this thread and the linked thread in it.
but both those threads are talking about options. my query is about EQ trades.

my script checks positions every 3 secs and CNC positions are tricky. I tried checking quantity and t1_quantity under kite.holdings() but could not get accurate real time data. Even DAY positions under kite.positions() not showing accurately. Are you saying that i can totally rely on overnight_quantity under NET positions for real time verification?
  • rakeshr
    my query is about EQ trades
    For EQ trades, these new CNC buy shows on positions only for a day, next day it goes under t1 section of holdings. This article explains it.
  • sujith
    @harshtock,
    You need to use net positions and holdings data to cover all the scenarios.
  • harshtock
    I have observed that sometimes when i fetch holdings, it shows i'm holding a BSE scrip. I never trade with BSE. My orders are by-default hard coded to NSE. Can that occur? Or maybe it's a human error at my end somewhere?
  • harshtock
    also.. i have observed that when stock is in t1 stage.. i may not get an accurate scan of current positions.. because sometimes the holdings show negative.. there needs to be advanced documentation of this..
  • sujith
    I have observed that sometimes when i fetch holdings, it shows i'm holding a BSE scrip. I never trade with BSE. My orders are by-default hard coded to NSE. Can that occur? Or maybe it's a human error at my end somewhere?
    Holdings are something that exists in your DEMAT, it doesn't matter where you bought them. You can read more about it here.
    also.. i have observed that when stock is in t1 stage.. i may not get an accurate scan of current positions.. because sometimes the holdings show negative.. there needs to be advanced documentation of this..
    All the transactions that are done for the day or updated on positions. When you sell a holding of 1 quantity, the quantity gets reduced there and you will see a position with -1 quantity.
    If you buy a new scrip, it will show up in the positions for the day, and the next day it will show up in the holdings after the trade process.