Multiple API app in single login

florixsoftware
can I add multiple API apps with different client ids?

for e.g in my kite.trade account

one app for SM6562 ..i will pay 2000 for this

then I create new app for VC5623, i will pay 2000 for this

will this work?
Tagged:
  • sultanarun
    I don't think it is supported now. No such option
  • rakeshr
    can I add multiple API apps with different client ids?
    Do you mean to create multiple apps in a single developer account with different login Zerodha id's?
    If yes, then you can do this. Just make sure to add the required client id in Zerodha Client ID field for the given app.
  • aditya_chauhan
    @rakeshr , For a single developer account with two zerodha login id's, do i need to pay 2* 2000 = 4000?
  • sujith
    @aditya_chauhan,
    Yes, you will need 4000 credits for subscribing to 2 Kite Connect apps.
  • ouroboros
    ouroboros edited October 2022
    Say I have an app, thats using 2/3 websocket connections and I'm paying 4000, for streaming & historical.

I wanna develop another program that requires 2 websockets.
    In this case, I create another app and get 3 websocket connections? And Pay 4000 for this as well?

Also will this affect how many requests I can make or number of orders I can place per second?
  • sujith
    @ouroboros,
    Why do you need so many websocket connections?
    You can subscribe to 9000 instruments with 3 websocket connections?

If you want you can create another app and pay for another Kite Connect app. All the requests are capped per api_key, so your quota for requests will also increase if you have multiple subscriptions. But you don't need more request quota than whatever is allowed for an api_key. Use caching and don't pull orderbook every second instead use postbacks or order updates via websockets as an event to pull orderbook. Cache positions and update P&L using ltp from websockets API.
  • ouroboros
    ouroboros edited October 2022
    Thanks. I am kinda new to algo and programming in general. So had some queries while reading on it.
    @sujith
  • mihir_m13
    If i create two apps - with the same Zerodha Client ID will i be charged Rs 2000/- or 4000/- ??
  • rakeshr
    If i create two apps
    Each app has unique API key, so charges are based on the app. So, 2 apps will cost here 4000.