Not able to place AMO orders using Kite API .

Mohammad
I am trying to place AMO orders around 10.05 PM Jan 10 2022. It's still gives error and ask to place GTT orders.
It works some time and fails some time. Is it any change in timing to place AMO orders using API ?
  • Mohammad
    Screen shot attached for reference.
  • Mohammad
    I am using Kite Publisher to place orders. Please help as earliest.
  • rakeshr
    Can you paste here the complete error message, it's throwing?
    Also, paste here a couple of order param details of the same.
  • Mohammad
    Mohammad edited January 2022
    I need to place 90 orders which is very difficult place manually.

Here is the HTML script. Attached error message. For AMO orders, it says market is closed , place GTT orders. For Regular orders , it says invalid variety.

Do we know Kite Publisher is up and running ?

KiteConnect.ready(function() { var kite = new KiteConnect("6ecz09vz89apvk0s");
    kite.add({
    "exchange": "BSE",
    "variety": "AMO",
    "tradingsymbol": "CAPACITE",
    "quantity": 30,
    "order_type": "LIMIT",
    "transaction_type":"BUY",
    "price":163.0
    });

kite.renderButton("#default-button");
    });

• sujith
    You seem to be passing an invalid variety param, you can know more about order params here on the documentation.
  • rakeshr
    You are using the wrong variety. It should be smallcase amo, regular. Go through the order param detail here.
  • Mohammad
    Can you please tell me what values i need to pass ?

As per my documentation and my understanding

For AMO orders variety is "AMO". For regular ones variety is "REGULAR". I am passing same variety values from past one year. It worked very well. It's failing from yesterday. You can check my order history.

I just tried placing order without Variety Param and it worked. Please check once again and confirm variety values to pass. I am going to have nightmare today while placing AMO orders.

KiteConnect.ready(function() { var kite = new KiteConnect("6ecz09vz89apvk0s");
    kite.add({
    "exchange": "BSE",

"tradingsymbol": "CAPACITE",
    "quantity": 30,
    "transaction_type":"BUY",
    "price":163.0
    });

kite.renderButton("#default-button");
    });
  • Mohammad
    From past one year , i am using variety as "AMO" to place AMO orders which worked very well . Today i learnt , i need to use small case "amo" to place AMO orders. It's change from your end and you let to break my head to face issue. Let me see, if i can place AMO orders today once market close by passing variety value as "amo".
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited January 2022
    Today i learnt , i need to use small case "amo" to place AMO orders.
    You need to use the variety mentioned in the documentation. The documentation mention it since the start.
    You need to always refer to the documentation before posting on the forum. We do mention the same as top note while creating new posts as well.

Also, we are not support guys here, we are all developers like you who work on their projects and take some time out to help out fellow Kite Connect community members, so be thankful to them. The publisher is a free product.
    Edit: I have edited out your offensive comments in the above post.
  • Mohammad
    Zerodha publisher is not officially supported by Zerodha ? From last one year , i have used variety values as "AMO" which is upper case to placed AMO orders . It worked as expected. From yesterday, it started failing. I am not sure what changed. The documentation need to be updated about case sensitivity for variety param. Almost all parameters are in upper case. Variety is odd one.
    "exchange":"NSE",
    "tradingsymbol": "INFY",
    "transaction_type": "SELL",
    "quantity": 1,
    "product": "CNC",
    "price": 702.5

Last week , i had different issue. Few AMO orders getting placed successfully and few are failing. After so much escalation , it got resolved. I used variety param as "AMO" that time.

What i should , if things breaking and not working ?