HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.kite.trade', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url

Pranjal_K
Hey,
I've been getting the following error for the past 3-4 days. I'm using the python API for kite connect.
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.kite.trade', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /orders/220113000504462 (Caused by SSLError(SSLEOFError(8, 'EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:1129)')))

I also get this error message: ssl.SSLEOFError: EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:1129)

I'm currently running 2 scripts simultaneously (using 2 kite connect objects) and encounter this error after 1-2 hours of continuous execution of these scripts. I'm using LAN so I dont think its due to an unstable network connection.

I have already gone through this link, and this link but it didnt solve my problem.
I have also added sleep before and after every API call, but still facing the same issue
Any help would be appreciated.
  • rakeshr
    You can try this:
    pip install pyopenssl ndg-httpsclient pyasn1 urllib3
  • Pranjal_K
    Hey,
    Thank you for replying.
    I think I have the dependencies installed, because running the given command have the output 'Requirement already satisfied' for all packages.
    Only running one algo i.e. using only one kite object and only one connection, doesn't give this error. But running both the algos simultaneously, produces this error within 2 hours of execution.
  • Pranjal_K
    @sujith @rakeshr any help would be appreciated.
    I faced the same issue even today, while running both scripts simultaneously in different command prompts.
  • rakeshr
    At first glance, this looks like a local HTTP connection error. I guess the initial workaround would be to reduce the number of API calls. Maybe add more few more delays between two consecutive requests(including both setups).