Unable to authenticate app created

FoxTradingSolutions
Hi,

I just created an app and trying to authorize it for the first time using my python code, but it is throwing exception repeatedly. Please help.

The error is as follows:
{"status":"error","message":"Error authorising app. Try re-initiating login.","data":null,"error_type":"GeneralException"}

Thanks
Puneet
  • sujith
    Authorising app has to be done manually. We don't recommend automating it.
  • FoxTradingSolutions
    Tried manually as well, still giving same error
  • sujith
    Can you private message the api_key and error screenshot?
  • SohailAhmed
    I am also facing the same issue, and I am doing this manually. I have double checked my configured user_id. How do I solve this?
  • yvsrao

Unable to login through Kite Connect. Any solution please...
  • souraj239
    Any solution to this?
  • aneesh2312
    I am also facing the same
  • vikassonwane
    I am also facing the same issue, please resolve
  • DD1365
    @sujith @rakeshr please look into this issue and resolve ASAP! Authorization of any new API app is not happening since yesterday! Same error message is met every single time, and I am doing manual authorization still situation is same.

Kindly do the needful to resolve the situation urgently, I have to add 10 new client accounts ASAP!

{"status":"error","message":"Error authorising app. Try re-initiating login.","data":null,"error_type":"GeneralException"}
  • rakeshr
    @souraj239 @aneesh2312 @vikassonwane @DD1365
    Can you check now? Should be working fine now.
  • DD1365
    @rakeshr @sujith Now the previous error is not happening, but a new error is happening. Previously upon clicking the Authorize button this error was gettng returned:

Now, upon clicking Authorize above error is not coming but when I am trying to generate session using kite.generate_session(request_token, api_secret) API call, Invalid 'çhecksum' error is being returned, please check error response below:

raise exp(data["message"], code=r.status_code)
    TokenException: Invalid `checksum`

Note: This is happening when trying to generate session for new apps, previously authorized apps are working fine. Please fix this issue ASAP, have a lot of clients in line waiting to be onboarded, please expedite..thanks!
  • aneesh2312
    aneesh2312 edited September 2023
    Hi @rakeshr I was also seeing the same error (Invalid `checksum`) as @DD1365 around 9:15 am. As mentioned by previous comment, it is only for new app.
  • rakeshr
    TokenException: Invalid `checksum`
    Make sure, you are using the correct request token, as captured after login auth. Also, make sure, there are no trailing spaces in the request token. If still getting error, paste your login flow code here.
  • DD1365
    DD1365 edited September 2023
    @sujith @rakeshr Please consider this issue seriously, I am operating 50+ Kite accounts daily since past 4 years, I know the drill, but there is this problem seriously happening today! There is no issue with request token, and the same login flow is working perfectly for existing apps across 100s of my existing API apps.

Problem is happening only with the new API apps that I have been trying to create since yesterday, see the request token below, does it seem there are any trailing spaces, see the login URL too:

In[14]: current_url
    Out[14]: 'https://127.0.0.1/?action=login&type=login&status=success&request_token=1oxLfUZ7MLfqMOBtRzGKo81zVIGnwrUd'

In[15]: request_token
    Out[15]: '1oxLfUZ7MLfqMOBtRzGKo81zVIGnwrUd'

Still, TokenException: Invalid `checksum` error is being returned, please check this issue and resolve ASAP..!

kite.generate_session(request_token, api_secret=key_secret[1])
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\Divakar Bind\AppData\Local\Temp\ipykernel_17984\1199135701.py", line 1, in
    kite.generate_session(request_token, api_secret=key_secret[1])

File "C:\Users\Divakar Bind\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 262, in generate_session
    resp = self._post("api.token", params={

File "C:\Users\Divakar Bind\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 855, in _post
    return self._request(route, "POST", url_args=url_args, params=params, is_json=is_json, query_params=query_params)

File "C:\Users\Divakar Bind\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python39\site-packages\kiteconnect\connect.py", line 927, in _request
    raise exp(data["message"], code=r.status_code)

TokenException: Invalid `checksum`.
  • DD1365
    @rakeshr @sujith Okay, I figured it out. API apps that were created yesterday are facing this issue, the API app created today is not facing this issue.
  • aneesh2312
    That's still not a solution. Is there any way same app can be used / issue refund for 2000 credits?
  • DD1365
    @aneesh2312 For me, the 2000 amount has not been deducted, practically, whatever I did yesterday has been flushed out. The kite developer account that I had created for all clients has also been flushed out. So its just that you will have to do all those things again, seems just like waste of yesterday's efforts but not of the subscription charge.
  • aneesh2312
    Oh okay, yeah I think I see the same. I no longer see the app I created yesterday in Kite Desktop -> My profile -> Apps.
    Thanks, will create a new app!
  • Zoro
    I am also facing the same issue @sujith @rakeshr. I even deleted it and remade one just now. Still the same issue persists. I have a lot at stake here. Pls pls pls help ! :|
  • naveenkankati
    @rakeshr, I also have this issue , I have created the app today. Please let me know if u need any further details
  • pratikbarve
    I have created new app today, i am getting same issue.

After clicking on Authorise:

2000 Credits have been deducted.
  • WX3702
    I am getting the same error
  • rakeshkr114
    Same here, Even I am facing the same issue. App created today is not getting authorized.
  • naveenkankati
    @rakeshr, I also have this issue , I have created the app today. Please let me know if u need any further details, my api key is qgt9s20wd5f0cgyq

The error I am getting i s as below :

{
    "status": "error",
    "message": "Error authorising app. Try re-initiating login.",
    "data": null,
    "error_type": "GeneralException"
    }

Please help me sort it out, If I create a new app will it work and will I get the refund of the payment for the previous app, Please let me know.
  • JJJ
    JJJ edited October 2023
    adding to this thread. I am also facing the same issue and the credits have been deducted. I created the app 2 days ago
  • JJJ
    i am also getting the same issue. created the app 2 days ago credits deducted but not when I am trying to accessit shows the following: {"status":"error","message":"Error authorising app. Try re-initiating login.","data":null,"error_type":"GeneralException"}
  • sujith
    Users will have to create a new app and use it. We will initiate a refund for the apps that are created on 1st and 2nd october and that has issue.
  • naveenkankati
    @sujith ... Thanks for the update! have already created a new app but I dont see the app I created yesterday. Do I have to take any action for initiating the refund for the previous app which was returning the error ?
  • sujith
    If app is created on 1st and 2nd october, we will initiate a refund. You don't have to do anything.
  • WX3702
    WX3702 edited October 2023
    hi @sujith, I created app yesterday and was getting the same error, now I am not able to login to kite connect, I got invalid email. So I did sign up with same email and new account got created, there is no app I created and billing amount is not refunded... there is no transaction history in payment history as well, looks like my account got deleted and new one got created... can you please check. [email protected]
  • sujith
    @WX3702,
    We will initiate refund. You don't have to do anything.
  • WX3702
    @sujith payment history is not showing the previous transaction itself
  • sujith
    That is the issue, hence we are initiating refund by default. You will have to create a new app and use it for now.
  • s_sudarshan
    how does one go about manually generating the access token needed to use with the kite python code?
  • chella
    Hi Am also facing the same problem, I have made the payments on oct 2nd, initiated a support ticket #20231003315815 it is not yet resolved. When i try for the 2nd time it asking me fork out 2000 rs again. Pls fix it.
  • rakeshr
    Apologies for the issue. This thread explains this in detail.