Buying Derivatives

naveen278
Hi

a) I am buying derivatives for the first time via the API, for number of lots can I fill the quantity as below
orderParams.quantity
for
kiteSdk.placeOrder(orderParams, Constants.VARIETY_REGULAR);

b) Also can you please let me know if I am using the right API to buy derivatives? I am making it as "NFO" as exchange.

• rakeshr
    for number of lots can I fill the quantity as below orderParams.quantity
    You need to enter the quantity in the multiplier of lot size for NFO. You can get a lot size detail for an instrument from the instrument list.
    Also can you please let me know if I am using the right API to buy derivatives? I am making it as "NFO" as exchange.
    Yes. You can go through the order params detail here.
  • naveen278
    In the Order param details mentioned above I dont see anything called lot size.
  • naveen278
    In the Order param details mentioned above I dont see anything called lot size, I see only quanitity, can I use quantity instead of lot-size?
  • naveen278
    I tried to buy for the below instrument
    NFO:NIFTY22OCT17000CE

but I am getting the error:-
    The instrument you are placing an order for has either expired or does not exist
  • naveen278
    I tried with NFO:NIFTY22OCT17800CE also
    but I am getting the error:-
    The instrument you are placing an order for has either expired or does not exist
  • sujith
    @naveen278,
    You can check out documentation to know what params to be sent for placing an order.
    All the meta data you need for placing order are in the instruments master file. You can again checkout documentation here.

Go through the complete API documentation for 10 min, you will know the basics of Kite Connect. Respective methods from python client will be there on the pykiteconnect documentation.