Fetching historical data : In-correct or discrepency

vishwas
@sujith as i have subscribed for historic data, i see many candle data from it are IN-CORRECT. Due to which even backtesting is failing. I receive close price X from API and on chart its X+4 or any other number. Can you please explain the reason? or any way to get accurate historic data? if required i can share you screen shots.
  • vishwas
    - and i saw other threads where you mentioned Historic API is for backtesting purpose and not ideal for live strategies. Agreed but , atleast after market data should be accurate right? please explain if m missing something here.
  • rakeshr
    I receive close price X from API and on chart its X+4 or any other number.
    Both kite web and historical API use the same data source, so it shouldn't be different. Can you paste here the values from both sources?
  • vishwas
    @rakeshr Sure. Please check this screen shot.
  • vishwas
    @rakeshr the 11 am candle for example. Very drastic difference. N no ways we can relay on data if so much difference. Can you please check n look into this.
  • rakeshr
    You seem to be using the Heikin Ashi chart type on kite web charts. You need to change it to default Candle type from the chart types icon and compare.
  • vishwas
    Hi @rakeshr i am using candle sticks only. You can very once from your end as well.
  • vishwas
    Honestly this was not the replay i was expecting. M a technical guy as well. So i have double checked it. N definitely there is a mismatch. Please check with you tech team once and revert.
  • vishwas
    @sujith @rakeshr Can you please look into this issue seriously please?
  • vishwas
    Here is another scenario today. 39500PE data mismtach
  • rakeshr
    39500PE data mismtach
    Can you tell us the complete trading instrument name/instrument token?
  • vishwas
    16th march expiry 39500PE on 15th march chart
  • kevalthummar
    I have same problem @rakeshr both kite web app and this historic data is different
    can you solve this issue?