Accessing Level 1 Market Data in Zerodha API

Rohit2190
How can I access Level 1 market data in Zerodha API?
Tagged:
  • PZP
    PZP edited September 2023
    Yes, any way to just receive Level 1 live streaming data and nothing else for the specified securities? @sujith @rakeshr
  • rakeshr
    Yes, you can use WebSocket streaming in FULL mode.
  • PZP
    But that will give me full quotes, right? What if I just want Level 1 data, and ticks according to changes in Level 1 data only? Don't want full market depth, etc. @rakeshr
  • PZP
    Maybe I am not clear with the query. What I want is the live stream of the best bid & best offer (and any changes in them) for some specified securities. What I don't want is info about offer/bid number 2 to 5 in the market depth, and any changes in these bids/offers. In quote mode, can I get the info about the top offer and top bid? Because in your link, it is said "Quote. Packet contains several fields excluding market depth (44 bytes)." @rakeshr
  • sujith
    We only have three modes supported for Kite Ticker, LTP, Quote and full mode. You can use any of them and fetch the required data.
  • PZP
    I am sorry, but the responses are not helpful at all, at least as far as I understand. If I just want the top bid & top offer (and maybe LTP) and NO OTHER DATA, what exactly do I need to do?
  • sujith
    Kite Connect is purely an execution platform. We don't provide solutions for writing strategies.
    You will have to use full mode and pick first bid and ask from that.
  • PZP
    Ok thanks. That is helpful. Although I wasn't looking for any solutions to writing strategies. I thought there will be an option to get just Level 1 data (I believe it excludes the bids/offers numbers 2 to 5). As Nithin mentioned here - https://tradingqna.com/t/data-latency-in-kite-pi-data-level-in-nse-market-depth/4800/2? :
    "Like mentioned above, tick by tick data gives you every single tick that happens on the exchange. Level 1 data just the best bid/ask and LTP."
    Just curious why we can't just get the Level 1 data that Nithin mentioned! The way he write it made me assume it should be possible and easy!
  • rakeshr
    Level 1 data just the best bid/ask and LTP.
    No, we don't have this mode as of now. We will check on the possibility of this in the future. For now, you need to use Quote mode, and filter out Best/[0] bid and ask from the respective market depth.
  • PZP
    Thanks. Finally I got the answer. Please let me know if you can, when you start this mode, which I think can be useful to a lot of market participants.
This discussion has been closed.