How many apps per user per api ?

zhkas
Hi,
AS per limit specified
You can subscribe for up to 3000 instruments on a single WebSocket connection and receive live quotes for them. Single API key can have upto 3 websocket connections.
I only have kite account, so trading only for me.
For subscribing lets say 20000 tokens, options I can think of :
1. Create three different apps, each costing 2000 Rs monthly, and subscribe them to the same account.
Is it feasible to generate an access token for the same account using three distinct API keys?
2. ask my friends or family members to create a Zerodha account , which I will use only to create access_token to subscribe tokens on same api-key .

Please advise , which is recommended and reliable method or may be any other if there is one ?

Thanks
Tagged:
  • sujith
    sujith edited January 31
    One can create up to 30 Kite Connect apps with one account.
    You can create Kite Connect apps with you Zerodha account only. No need to open accounts for this reason.

PS: You can always open an account and gift wealth creating stocks to your loved ones :)
    Zerodha now supports account opening for kids online. You can know more here.
  • zhkas
    Thanks,
    so like can I also place orders as well with different api key and access tokens on same account
    and modify the order placed from other api key ?
  • sujith
    Yes, you can as long as you have a valid session and user would have already given permission to share the data with that particular app.