Is Iceberg Available for Sensex and Bankex F&O?

sutolani@gmail.com
The documentation indicates that it is available only for Equity....I dont want to spend effort in coding only to find that it is not supported
  • rakeshr
    The article on the documentation states:
    Iceberg orders are available for NSE equity, F&O, CDS (NSE currency segment), and BSE equity only. Iceberg order type is not available for MCX yet.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    ..this doesnt answer my question
  • MAG
    It answers your question but you do not want to hear it.
    Sensex is BSE Index/FNO. It clearly says that in BSE icebergs are available for equity only. F&O is not mentioned. So the answer is no for sensex.
    Same for bankex (BFO-OPT)

Everything needs to be spoonfed precisely!!
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    ...go to kite web, and you will see that SENSEX F&O icebergs are accepted, though the document says that it wont..Hence I raised this question for KiteConnect. Please investigate before responding
  • MAG
    Fair enough and I apologise. But I would like to point out one factor that many people miss.
    That kite web is separate from kite API. And any feature available on one might not necessarily be available on the other.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    ..and thats the reason why I wanted someone to confirm. Iceberg order placement is quite complex as you need to worry abount number of legs, Lot Size, and Freeze Quanitity...Dont want to spend effort on it unless it works for both BSE and NSE F&O...else managing orders would become non standard.
  • sujith
    Iceberg orders are allowed on SENSEX and BANKEX instruments.