Is it Rs.2000/- for a lifetime?

ankur0101
Hi,

Zerodha charges Rs.2000/- for the purpose of API access but do we get lifetime access? No where it is written whether the charges are for a day or week or whatever cycle it is.
  • sujith
    Hi @ankur0101,
    Historical API subscription is an add-on for base subscription and its validity is 30 days.
  • ankur0101
    ankur0101 edited April 2017
    @sujith , here I am talking about API access to make orders and not historical data.

BTW do I first need to have API access to get access to historical data? The reason why I am asking this because somewhere I read for historical data, user need to pay extra 2000 rupees so in all it goes to 4000 rupees (API access + historical data)
  • sujith
    @ankur0101,
    KiteConnect API subscription is Rs 2000/month and (optional) historical add-on subscription will cost you Rs 2000/month. So, if you want to use historical data then you need to pay Rs 4000/month.
    You can't fetch historical data without the base subscription.
  • ankur0101
    ankur0101 edited April 2017
    Can you tell me the page where it is written as a monthly subscription fee ?
  • sujith
    @ankur0101,
    You can check out at the bottom of this page.
  • ankur0101
    Thanks sujith. One last question, can I get candlestick data of morning after noon while market is open? E.g. at around 2 pm, can I get the candles data that took place the same morning from 9.15?
  • sujith
    @ankur0101,
    Yes, you can fetch today's data using Historical API.
This discussion has been closed.