Getting error "The user is not enabled on the app"

Murli
Hi Team,

I have 2 applications created in my Zerodha account. I am using KiteConnect nodeJS library to login to these applications programatically. Problem is, when I get logged-in to first application (get the access token) and tries to logged-in to second app in same browser another tab I get below error,

{
"error_type": "ForbiddenError",
"message": "The user is not enabled on the app.",
"status": "error"
}

Could you please suggest me the way to get logged-in to multiple applications using single browser without getting logged-out.

Thanks, Murli
  • sujith
    Hi @Murli,
    All Kite Connect apps are by default single user Apps. You can't use Kite Connect app with multiple users.
    When you log out of the browser, you are basically logging out everywhere. Just make sure you are not logging out the first user while doing login for second app/second user.

You can use two browsers or incognito window for second user login.
  • Murli
    Hi Sujit,

Before writing this question on forum I already checked the same in incognito window. But after first user gets logs in, I am not able to login in to 2nd user even on another incognito window.
  • sujith
    Hi @Murli,
    Which browser are you using?
  • sujith
    You can log in for the first user in a normal window and for the second user log in on incognito.
  • sujith
    Or Use two browsers.
  • Murli
    Murli edited August 2017
    Hi Sujit,

Mozilla and Chrome browsers.

What if I have 30 valid users (in some time we will create more apps/users) and want to login all of them. It means I will need 30 different browsers, in case I do not go for incognito window.

Thanks, Murli
  • Murli
    Hi Sujit,

Please comment on my last query. Would appreciate your prompt reply.

Thanka, Murli
  • sujith
    Hi @Murli,
    Kite Connect is a for personal use. Hence it is very unlikely that someone will run into this kind of issue.
  • Murli
    Hi Sujith,

any kind of admin or enterprise level APIs platform provides for multi user login in 1 browser only.

Thanks, Murli
  • sujith
    sujith edited August 2017
    Hi @Murli,
    Please email talk(at)rainmatter.com someone from our team will get in touch with you.
  • richasingh1508
    richasingh1508 edited June 2018
    Hi Sujit, I am getting this error "user is not authorised on App.". I have just 1 user and trying to run my program to obtain today's access key but a new page come where it asks me to "Authorise". But when I hit "Authorize", it gives me an error called "user is not authorised on App." . Earlier (till yesterday) I was using another account to run my code, my friend's acct and api, but i bought a new one in my own account today. On this one, my code to generate access token is not working. The code I use to generate access token is same that mentioned on Github my user id is xxx.
  • sujith
    @richasingh1508,
    Please don't post client id or app tokens on a public thread. You can write a private message if you have to mention those.
  • nb007
    Even i am facing same issue , anybody have the solution of this i am single user ...is token generation has some time duration i mean to say in the morning time
  • rakeshr
    is token generation has some time duration i mean to say in the morning time
    No, fixed time as such. The previous access token is flushed at 08:35 AM. So, the access token created after 08:35 AM should be valid for the day.
    The user is not enabled on the app.
    You get this error, only if you are using user_id other than mentioned in your developer console to login/authorize.