does BO order take decimal values as Trailing SL and SL

Encrypted
Kindly check if dotnet api suupports decimal value in BO orders for Tr SL and SL.
I am giving trailing SL,SL more than 1 rs suppose 1.3 Rs it is giving error .
SL price should be multiple of 0.05
  • sujith
    Hi @Encrypted,
    Can you let us know tradingsymbol and exchange?
  • Encrypted
    please try with SL and Trailing SL 4.65 for MRF in NSE.I think it is happening for any cash stock script in NSE(margin BO)
  • sujith
    Hi @Encrypted,
    Seems like the issue from OMS side validation. We have informed concerned team.
  • Encrypted
    Thanks @Sujith.How long it may take to fix? Please inform us once issue is fixed.
  • sujith
    @Encrypted,
    I am not sure because it is from OMS vendor. I will update once it is fixed.
  • Encrypted
    Hi @sujith any update please?
  • Kanchana
    Hi @sujith , Please update on this issue. Even I am looking for having decimal values on TSL. Thank you.
  • sujith
    @Kanchana,
    It does accept decimal values, but minimum value for trailing stop-loss is 1.
    Values for square off, stop-loss and trailing stop-loss has to be in points and must modulus of tick size.
  • Kanchana
    @sujith, Please also let me know why the minimum value for TSL is 1. There are so many scrips which move only by 5paise. In those cases, a minimum TSL of Rs1 would be disastrous. Let me know if you think otherwise.
  • sujith
    @Kanchana,
    You can check out this thread.
  • Kanchana
    @sujith Thanks for the reply. I understand that this is to avoid load on servers, but again, can you please confirm the trailing stop loss is always 'absolute' value. I tried a TSL of 1.1 on SHRIRAMCIT, it failed stating that the tick size should be multiple of 0.05. The help tip of Trailing Stoploss popup window for a BO order says 'Absolute value, min 0.05 for CDS 1 for all others'. In PI window TSL is always on Ticks. I think there is some confusion here. Please clarify.
  • Kanchana
    @sujith any updates on my query?
  • sujith
    @Kanchana,
    The minimum value for trailing stop-loss is 0.05 for CDS segment and 1 for other segments.
    Kite Connect always accepts values in points. It doesn't support tick values for trailing stop-loss, stop-loss and target values.

We have informed the OMS team regarding the modulus issue of trailing stop-loss, they are looking into this.
  • Kanchana
    @sujith Thanks for clarifying TSL issue. Please work with the OMS team for the modulus issue on TSL on high priority and post for any updates.