Sandbox server

hardik__
Hey just wanted to know if you have any sandbox / testing server. If not if i place an order with the current login information that i have will it go to market?
  • sujith
    Hi @hardik__,
    Sandbox is not yet available. It will be included in phase 2 of new APIs.
    If you place orders now, it will hit the live market. You can wait till market closes and then continue your testing.
  • hardik__
    Hey @sujith,

If i place an order after the market will i get all the updates about the order?

Thanks.
  • sujith
    Hi @hardik__,
    Your order will be rejected and you will get postbacks for rejected orders also.
  • lijo
    hi @sujith ,
    I want to test my code while the market is not live. When I place the order, i will get the status as rejected.
    The question is, is it OK to call the order_place repeatedly (may be 30-40 times in an hour) (I am fine with getting the status as rejected)? Will my account get blocked because of this action?
    Please help me.
  • sujith
    Hi @lijo,
    You can make upto 3 requests per second.
    Make sure you won't hit that.
    You can place 30 to 40 orders in an hour.
  • xameeramir
    If you're looking for a mock environment try this https://nordible.com/zerodha-sandbox/
  • sagaranilganu
    sagaranilganu edited December 2019
    @xameeramir
    I need to test my strategy with "Live data feeds from market WITHOUT actually placing orders (Mock testing!!)"
    Q1] Will above redirect url give me "Live data feeds" in form of "Websocket streaming" for "Nifty Futures dec contract" in market hours?
    Q2] Exact syntax flow -> mock api key, access token, redirect url etc... upto from where I will add my code
    Q3] Exact syntax of websocket "tick" receiving "Full mode" for "Nifty Futures dec contract"
    Q4] From where I can assimilate all the required syntax for incorporating in python (eg. instruments list, order types etc.). Any kite api python dict ???