Modify Bracket Order

dheeraj_sachan
Hi,
I am trying to modify Bracket Order stoploss (SL-M created with BO)
I am getting the following error

For Leg Order with pricetype SL-M please enter only trigger price to Modify", "error_type": "OrderException"

My request parameters are

[order_id=161125000347711, parent_order_id=161125000347709, tradingsymbol=SBIN, exchange=NSE, quantity=1, price=258.0, trigger_price=258.0]

Please help me in how to modify BO
  • Vivek
    @dheeraj_sachan Are you sending variety as bo if you are using any Kite client library? I
  • menaveenn
    Hi @dheeraj_sachan

I''m able to modify bracket orders .

Below are all parameters Im passing .

(order_id=id,parent_order_id=Parent_id,tradingsymbol=symbl,exchange="NSE",transaction_type="BUY/SELL",quantity=quantity,order_type="LIMIT",product="BO",price=0,trigger_price=trigger_price,validity="DAY",variety="bo")

Regards,
    Naveen
  • dheeraj_sachan
    thanks @vivek and @menaveenn

will try that on monday
  • dheeraj_sachan
    @vivek and @menaveenn
    how did u come up with this solution and this is no where mentioned in kite api docs.

Thanks
  • rktheinvestor1
    Hi @menaveenn, which API client are you using?

• menaveenn
    @dheeraj_sachan I had similar problem before and after discussing with Kite team they suggested to include few other parameters to place BO.

Regards,
    Naveen
  • Vivek
    @dheeraj_sachan @rktheinvestor1 You can check the Pykiteconnect documentation here. I think the confusion here is variety is implicitly set to regular unless user overrides with variety as regular. Here is a check of possible varieties you can pass.
  • llpach
    Hi,
    I am trying to place bracket order with below parameters using java api,
    Map params = new HashMap(){
    {
    put("exchange", "NSE");
    put("tradingsymbol", tradingsymbol));
    put("transaction_type", "BUY"));
    put("quantity", 100);
    put("product", "MIS");
    put("order_type", "MARKET");
    put("price", 0);
    put("squareoff_value", 1);
    put("stoploss_value", 1);
    put("trailing_stoploss", 1);
    put("validity", "DAY");
    }
    };
    but i am getting error msg as :
    "{"status": "error", "message": "Enter Valid Price", "error_type": "OrderException"}[\r][\n]"
    I want to execute this order at market price. Any idea where i am doing wrong?
  • sujith
    Hi @llpach,
    As of now, Kite Connect only supports bracket order with the first leg as a limit order and for a limit order, you need to specify the price.
    You can check out example here
  • llpach
    Thanks Sujith, when is the plan to make us available for bracket with market order?
  • sujith
    Hi @llpach,
    We are right now working on revamp of our core APIs. Once we finish that we will start including new features. Check out this thread and check out our roadmap.
    This is already on our list.
  • Ntra
    Is it sufficient to provide only order id and the value to modify, I suppose other values are by default None, meaning they will remain unchanged..?
  • sujith
    You can check out example here
  • Ntra
    This is a Java example, I am using python, my question is simple, are default arguments to order_modify optional?
  • sujith
    The params to be sent remain same for all the Kite Connect clients. Different fields are must for different orders.
    For example, a stop-loss market a trigger price is must whereas for a limit order trigger price is not must but the price is a must.