Issues with FNO Historical Data

hyuga
I am using the .historical_data method to get options historical data candles.
After requesting the data again and again, I observed that options candle data changes.

I tried using this method simultaneously on two different accounts.

I have concluded that Zerodha has two data sources for FNO candles, and with every request, we are getting data from data-sources randomly.
and there are a few differences between these two data sources.

How do I ensure that I consistently get the same data again and again?
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited February 2023
    After requesting the data again and again, I observed that options candle data changes.
    Are you polling this in the live market?
    Can you paste the complete candle data with the requested timestamp? We will debug this.
    There is a single data source for all charts(APIs, kite web, apps, etc). So, the possibility of this happening would be rare, until you are polling for real-time candles.
  • hyuga
    What do you mean by pooling?
  • rakeshr
    What do you mean by pooling?
    Ahh, my bad, it's a typo. I meant, Polling.
  • hyuga
    I am using the Historical data function to get Option Candle data instead of WebSocket as of now. And I am requesting the Historical data function multiple times during the minute

Is this what you call Polling ?
    - that, I am doing repetitive API calls to verify data.

or do you mean something else?
  • hyuga
    Also, suggest solutions to mitigate this issue. I want the consistency of Option Candles at any time and any of account should also match data
  • rakeshr
    Is this what you call Polling? that, I am doing repetitive API calls to verify data.
    Yes, it's not recommended. Historical APIs FAQs explain more about this.
  • hyuga
    Not recommended, because all the following issues,
    is it the reason ?

• sujith
    You can go read the FAQs and you will know the answer.
  • hyuga
    My question is -
    What is the recommendation for getting historical data ?

Shall I prepare my own candles using websocket
  • sujith
    Yes, historical data on the Kite Connect API is provided only for backtesting purposes. You can construct candles at your end for the live market strategies.