websocket data-Any manipulation by data sent by exchange

BATHALARAMANAMURTHY
I have subscribed to a token corresponding "INFY".
I get the data from web socket,
Is the data I get in the web socket is sent by exchange as it is, or broker's API modifies/changes/omits/adds to the that data from exchange and send in the socket?
Dose the structure of the data I get in WebSocket token is same as that of the exchange?

Regards
  • sujith
    Kite Ticker just relay the data from exchange. We don't modify data.
  • BATHALARAMANAMURTHY
    Great. Thanks for prompt reply.
    Is there any chance of omitting some parameters like Last Traded Price (LTP), Ask price, bid price, etc., while relaying the data from exchange for the token subscribed. Or in fact is it possible to do so any broker (not just Zerodha)? If some parameters are omitted in the data relay, does it not amount to breaking the integrity of data?
    Regards
  • sujith
    Exchange streams data in binary format. One can read whatever fields they want.
  • BATHALARAMANAMURTHY
    Thanks, Sujith.

While relaying the data, WebSocket from the broker has omitted some of the fields.
    Is it right from broker side to omit some fields (LTP., Ask price, bid price etc.,) to save bandwidth or CPU?
    As per my understanding that amounts to manipulating the data stream of the exchange while relaying the stream to the customer by WebSocket.
    Are they any guidelines by Exchange in this regard to safeguard integrity of the data.

In your reply, you said that you told that "one can read whatever fields they want."

It implies to me that even broker can edit the fields if they want.

Some rogue brokers may do edit/manipulate that data.

Can you provide me more details about guidelines by exchange, if any available, in relaying the data by ticker?

Regards

• AmberJohn
    how do i get data from web socket ? I just need the web socket ,but don't need to create a app.