Close value is previous day's in The API call kiteConnect.getOHLC(instruments);

yousuf
yousuf edited January 2018 in General
Hi @sujith ,
(Kiteconnect API version : 3)
Could you please resolve this, I checked several stocks, the close value thats being provided is previous day's close, in the kiteConnect.getOHLC call in java , the open, high and low values are coming in right.
I have seen it several times during market hours, and its still the same after market.

This is a test call for ADANIENT, @17:03, today,
open 194.2 , high = 205.7, low=187.9 , close= 194.6
the close according to nse site is 205.5,
yesterday's close is 194.6, and thats being provided as today's close, (meaning current value )
(today- 17jan, 2018)

Tagged:
  • krtrader
    This is frequent issue with getOHLC api call. I was facing same issue and also reported multiple times two months back. But these guys are not taking it seriously.
  • yousuf
    Yes, the quality of data is really pathetic. Unreliable junk. I am looking for other providers,
    Have you tried any other data providers., With java API?
  • sujith
    It is not an error, it was designed to be like that. We will look into this.
  • krtrader
    @sujith

I think this is an error. As you mentioned in similar thread https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/2465/getohlc-api-gives-incorrect-close-price#latest close price is updated at morning 4.00 hrs.
    I tried to call getOHLC api at 8.45 AM morning that means I should get yesterday's close price not day before the yesterday.
    Please check

@yousuf
    I have issue with only getOHLC api, all other kite api are working fine. I used NSE bhavcopy csv to get previous OHLC values as getOHLC api is not reliable.
  • yousuf
    Dear @sujith,
    What the meaning in giving, the open, low and high of today and close of yesterday in the ohlc call?
    either it should give all values of today or yesterday, in the ohlc call.
  • sujith
    @krtrader,
    Yes, close is updated next day morning at 4:00 hrs. In the above thread, the issue was on Friday's 4:00 hrs it was not getting updated. We had fixed it earlier.

The OHLC API call will give the values that are being streamed via Kite Ticker. While trading people look at change based on previous day's close. This is what we display on all our platforms.
  • yousuf
    yousuf edited January 2018
    Could you please be more clear @sujith,

On a ohlc call, made on say Jan 17th

Open - is the open of the day jan 17th
    High - is high of the day , jan 17th ( highest high at the time of call)
    Low - is low of the day , jan 17th ( lowest low at the time of call)

And close - is the close of jan 16th

Do you mean it works this way?

Thanks.
  • sujith
    Yes, close is always previous day's close.
    If you are looking at OHLC on 17th JAN then close will be the close price of 16th JAN.
  • yousuf
    That is not intuitive and, is confusing. The O,H,L,C are meant to be for a unit of time.
    o,h,l of today and c of yesterday, i am not able to make sense of it.
  • sujith
    A change on any trading platform is calculated like this,
    change = LTP - closePrice.
    The closePrice is the previous day's close price.