OrderId for a holding

yousuf
yousuf edited July 2018 in Java client
Hi @sujith ,

I traded some shares last week, I am able to view them with the getHoldings method of kiteconnect.
How can i get the order id for this holding?

regards,
Yousuf
  • yousuf
    yousuf edited July 2018
    hi @sujith ,

I am trying to find a parameter to uniquely identify a trade, and i assume orderid would be the best bet.
    is there an API call to see the history of orders upto a given date in the past, i went through the API without success
  • rakeshr
    @yousuf
    Order ID is available only for today's placed order, not for historical data.You can manually, get historical order data from Q back office.
  • yousuf
    yousuf edited July 2018
    Hi Rakesh,
    Thanks.
    That makes it difficult to uniquely identify a trade, which is a very basic requirement in an API. I was trying to solve the problem of uniquely identifying a trade, (like making out the primary key in a table, )
    can you please tell me how to uniquely identify a trade , using kite API.
  • sujith
    @yousuf,
    This will be added to Kite Connect APIs in future when backoffice APIs are added to Kite Connect.
    As of now, Kite Connect APIs are just an execution platform with all the APIs that facilitates trading.
  • yousuf
    yousuf edited July 2018
    Thanks @sujith for the information. Please note that a very important building block in using the API is missing, without which only trivial applications can be built. Any serious strategy execution using kite API, needs calls to identify a trade unambiguously/uniquely, atleast from start to close of a trade .
  • sujith
    We do understand your concern, we are working on the new backoffice. We can only expose APIs once the backoffice engine is ready.
  • yousuf
    Thanks @sujith . Any timeline, so that we can check back..
  • sujith
    I am afraid we can't give any timeline as of now.
  • yousuf
    That's sad to hear..! :(
    Thanks @sujith .