How to Place Future and options orders in python.

chetan16
chetan16 edited October 2018 in Python client
while placing the orders what will be the trading symbol,quantity or other values that need to pass . because for equity it is clear . but for future trading_symbol and quantity are different parameter like UNIONBANK for equity and for FNO UNIONBANK OCT FUT so where did i get these tradingsymbol and their lot size.

order_id = kite.place_order(tradingsymbol=,
exchange ="",
quantity = ,
price=,
squareoff=,
stoploss=,
variety="bo",
trigger_price= ,
transaction_type =,
order_type ="SL",
product ="MIS",
validity="DAY")
Please Suggest me .
  • rakeshr
    @chetan16
    so where did i get these tradingsymbol and their lot size
    You can get complete detail of trading symbol, lot size, expiry date, etc for all trading instrument,from full instrument list dump.
  • chetan16
    I m Not getting the document . just give me example if i have to buy unionbank in future . what would be the tradingsymbol and default quantity.
  • sujith
    The tradingsymbol would be UNIONBANK18OCTFUT and lot size is 6000.
    You can download the CSV file using the URL provided in the documentation and find the entry in the dump for more information.
  • chetan16
    chetan16 edited October 2018
    Do i need to pass quantity everytime ? if i don't remember the quantity ,there is any way or how it will take default quantity(lot size) .
  • chetan16
    Is there is any function from kite that will provide live data or opening or closing prise of all stocks
  • sujith
    Yes, you need to pass the quantity every time. Kite Connect doesn't provide default quantity.

You can check out documenation for information about live market data.
  • chetan16
    and i also need trading symbol for every months. like for this month it is UNIONBANK18OCTFUT(OCT) so in next month it is NOV DEC JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JULY AUG SEPT it is rigth?? if it is wrong then please suggest me correct one.
  • sujith
    The format is symbol+year+month(3 letters)+type
    You can download instrument dump and check entries.