GetOrderIds Method in KiteXL only returns executed Orders -Does not return "Trigger Pending " Orders

arjunmurali1993
Hi @botany02

I'm trying to change my algorithm to use CO and keep modifying the SL as and when the price moves in a favourable direction.

So I am trying to use the GetOrderIDs method to get all the order IDs for the particular Exch and TrdSym combination. Then I do the following:

I store them in an array and then loop through each one,
run GetOrderDetails on them, store it in another new array,
check the status part and if it is "TRIGGER PENDING",
then modify the CO SL using ModifyCOSL by passing the Order ID and Parent Order ID obtained from GetOrderDetails.

However, the SLs don't get modified because the GetOrderIDs method only returns the executed orders and doesn't return any "Trigger Pending" orders. Which method can I use to get the "Trigger Pending" orders for a particular Exchange and Scrip combination na? Should I use Orderbook and then loop through it to find what I am looking for? I feel that will be a complex process and slow down the algo considerably na. Is there any other alternative I can use?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated na.

Regards,
Arjun
Tagged:
  • botany02
    @arjunmurali1993

Yes, KiteXL returns only completed Order Id's.
    KiteXL is not updated for a very long time as we waiting for the most important update from Kite Team .. i.e Order Update and Trade Update via Webscokets.

We almost dropped the KiteXL and KiteDotNet project
    and involved in a new project called KiteNet that combines both KiteXL and KiteDotNet.
    This will be light weight and performance optimized library and will suit everyones requirement.

This new project will have exciting things.
    Like Tray Notification for Order and Position Update
    able to place Manual Order or Modify From Excel
    Get Historical data

• nagavardhana chari
    This what already having with upstoxXL , you are very late
  • sujith
    @nagavardhana chari,
    This what already having with upstoxXL , you are very late
    so was Zerodha when it first launched ;)
  • balajipv
    Could you please share the KiteXL
  • botany02
    @balajipv
    You can get here https://howutrade.in/docs/kitexl

Better wait for another 15-20 days, we are coming with a new library as said above.
  • GB1
    @botany02

I cant locate a place where I can download KiteXL excel file. Has it been removed? It is not appearing on Howutrade site as well.

Also, I had a few things to ask:
    1) Post placing the order through KiteXL, if the Limit order remains Pending, how does the intimation comes to excel, does the status get reflected automatically in real time about the Order status? Or do we have to Call for any function to get the Order status?
    2) Once the status is known as Pending, we can send modification from Excel sending revised Price or Order type from Limit to Market, right?
    3) Can we get Indices RTD data, viz, Nifty, BankNifty SPOT in KiteXL, since I assume that the indices cannot be loaded in a Market Watch?
    4) Also to get RT data of instruments, do we have to place them in Market Watch or can we get the data for any instrument in KiteXL by mere placing the required RT function in Excel Cell.

Thanks
  • botany02
    @GB1
    You can download it from here

* Post Order placement, KiteXL will check for the order status at certain interval till the order status becomes complete, cancelled or rejected.You can call the GetOrderStatus function to check the latest order status

* You can send the modification request for open/trigger pending orders from the excel cell itself.

* You can get Indices Data also

* You can just call the GetRTD function on any cell or any sheet.

• GB1
    GB1 edited September 2017
    @botany02

Could download it. Thanks.

1) Post order placement for pending orders (Regular Order, and not CO or BO), as stated by you above we can use GetOrderStatus. Will that return OrderId of that Open / Trigger Pending order? I am asking you this since in your reply to @arjunmurali1993 above you mentioned that GetOrderIDs will return only Completed orders. So if the Regular Order is Open / Trigger Pending than how do we get the Order Id, since this order is NOT Completed order, it is Open/Trigger Pending. To modify or to cancel this order from Excel, we will need the Order Id to Call Modify / Cancel order.

2) Also, is there an option to place IOC type Limit orders?

Thanks
  • GB1
    GB1 edited September 2017
    @botany02

1) Also as you mentioned about KiteNet, will it have Order Update and Trade Update via Websockets?
    2) I assume that Order Update via Websockets, will do away with the need of function - GetOrderStatus which you have suggested as of now, right?
    3) When is KiteNet likely to be available, any tentative date? Though I am not interested in the UI or any other frills, my prime requirement is automatic Order Update of Open or Pending Regular Orders.
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02

when can we expect the new KiteXL version release from your end?
  • botany02
    @VenkateshV

We will celebrate New year with new KiteXL
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02

We will be eagerly welcoming to the date you inform us for new KiteXL

further I trust you will implement the new Kite3 BO/CO type orders in the new KiteXL version.
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02
    Any update on New KiteXL?
  • botany02
    botany02 edited December 2017
    @VenkateshV

Last minute update and testing going on.
    You can expect by this end of year. :) Just 7 days
  • VenkateshV
    VenkateshV edited December 2017
    @botany02

Thanks a lot for the update :smile:
    Wish you an advance Happy and prosperous New Year!!!
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02

Dear Sir,
    Its now New Year 2018 born already!!
    Any updates on new KiteXL as you promised.
  • botany02
    botany02 edited January 2018
    @VenkateshV
    Sorry to disappoint you on the very first day of this year :( :(
    Things not went as planned, but assure, you will get it soon.
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02

Dear Sir, That's fine , however any Timelines?
    Bcoz i have subscribed Kite API as well, which goes as dead expense, without New KiteXL
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02

Dear Sir
    Appreciate atleast if you let me know a tentative timeline, this would be of great help to us who are subscribed to kite API
  • botany02
    Dear Venkat,
    We hope to complete in next 2 weeks
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02
    Many thanks for the update and kindly pls keep posted with developments
  • botany02
    botany02 edited January 2018
    Sure @VenkateshV
    Once the library is out, this will be most comprehensive of all,
    Fastest execution of requests,
    added features that benefits users in many way.
    One thing is test your strategy without investing, this will definitely save novice users from financial loss.
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02
    sure thats what i'm doing at present, testing my strategy till your New KiteXL is released
  • VenkateshV
    @botany02
    Dear Sir, Any updates on New KIteXL release?
  • botany02
    @VenkateshV
    We working hard to bring it as soon as possible, but some errors and mistakes delayed the project.
  • Sudheer
    @botany02
    Dear Sir, Any updates on New kitexl