Error while modifying second leg bracket order

kk2020
I have been using ModifyBOSl("NFO", Instrument, modID, p_order_id, new_Price) in KiteXL for more than 6 months. It was working fine.
Since last 3 days i am however getting following error 'Invalid quanity'.
In this function/method, there is no qty field. I havent changed any code (which was working fine.).

Unable to understand why this error is coming. Can someone guide pl.
  • kk2020
    Dear Nithin,
    I wish to bring to your notice a serious issue. In order to get support on above problem, i contacted howutrade. Here is their response-" Zerodha does not pay us. We are busy in new release and we cant resolve your issue. Wait for 2 weeks. " The response is so irritating from howutrade.

By the way, i am paying rs 2000 per month. I need this issue resolved. But such is the response....

kk
  • HowUTrade
    Hi kk,
    Please be understand the kite XL is not any kind of product, hence there is no support kind of thing. It’s a SDK meant to help developers to deploy their system.
    You have mentioned only a part of the conversation and which is misleading and undermine the work we have been doing for the other developers.
    Many developers appreciated our work that encouraged us to develop many features and many tools as like in our free time.
    If the user finds our library useful, they can use it.
    We are here as a developer not as a product selling team.
    If you find any issues, we or any other fellow developers may help in their free time but no one is obliged to do. Please understand the practical difficulties. -ArunRam
  • botany02
    botany02 edited January 2018
    @kk2020
    As it was working fine for long time, suspect some back-end changes causing this error.
    KiteXL sends default values for non-mandatory fields, so it sends quantity as 0 for the second leg orders as quantity is not required for modifying second leg order.

You should post the order details of parent order and second leg orders, so that @KiteTeam can check the issue.

@sujith could you throw some light on this? are you (or OMS) start validating the quantity field for second leg order modification? since it was working fine earlier.

• sujith
    @kk2020, @botany02,
    We will check and get back to you.
  • sujith
    I think this is how it has been. I am not sure how this was working all this while. I tried on both Kite Connect version 2 and version 3. The error is thrown in old Kite Connect and new Kite Connect won't throw the error.
  • botany02
    @sujith
    I guess, KiteXL is using latest version, because it just using the https://api.kite.trade as end point without version header.

Could you confirm what is the default version, the doc show as v1?
  • sujith
    You need to send header as X-Kite-Version: 3.
    You can check out Kite Connect version 3 dotnetkiteconnect.
  • botany02
    What is the default version?
    Is it still v1? if yes, then when it will be changed to latest version
  • sujith
    As of now, we don't have version number internally. The old version will be kept for some time so that users can migrate may be some weeks.
    The new version is already live. There are few breaking changes. We are doing some changes to a couple of APIs. Once it is complete, we will announce on the forum.
  • sujith
    There will be parallel set up for some time.
  • botany02
    @kk2020
    As per @sujith comment, the default version is v1 and KiteXL is using the default version only.
    The answer to "why the v1 worked earlier and started throwing error suddenly" remain mystery and I'm leaving that to back-end team.
    We can't switch KiteXL to v2 or v3 as this requires to completely rebuild the library.
    Instead of wasting time in old KiteXL, if we put that effort in the new release, it may aid to speed up the new release. I hope you understand.

Already the new version took lot of months, so we don't want to waste more time.
  • kk2020
    dear botany02, has this issue been resolved? pl advise.
  • botany02
    @kk2020
    We are working on the new version, it is taking more time than estimated.
    Hopefully in the coming weeks, we will release the new version.
    With the new release, this issue will be resolved.
  • kk2020
    dear botany02, has this issue been resolved? pl advise.