A curated list of things related to Kite Connect API

Vivek
Vivek edited May 2023 in General
This is an effort to aggregate all official and user contributed resources on Kite Connect API. Please add comment below to add any resource to this list.

Kite Connect Documentation

Official clients

3rd party clients

Python Client

Java

PHP

JS (Node)

Go Lang

.Net/C#

Strategy/Technical indicators

Strategy/Technical indicators resources (formula)

BO & CO margin calculation

News dataset dump from pulse

• Apoorv
    This is very helpful. Thanks
  • rockiyogi
    Hello, in
    " .Net/C#
    Examples from official client "
    program, access token is hard-coded. How to set manually access token into program?
  • sujith
    sujith edited November 2017
    Hi,
    You can check out examples here.
    If you have more queries, please create a new thread. It might help others who have same queries.
  • shankarpandala
    Kite Connect example to receive and store tick in database asynchronusely
    Please confirm whether my understanding is correct,
    During the delay of 5 seconds specified in the code, celery collect all ticks received for all the tockens and update the database every 5 seconds ? or Is there any chance of data missing ?
  • Vivek
    @shankarpandala Since the ticker is running in separate thread the delay in main thread doesn't block.
  • Pavan
    Good effort and usefull for us. Thank you. But do you have plan to develope Offcial clients & Strategy/Technical indicators for Good cross platform frame work like Qt5(C++)?
  • Pavan
    Lot of world class prodcuts used Qt and more over cross platform(code once run anywhere). https://www1.qt.io/built-with-qt/
    As of now lackof support for this framwork i am writing code manually for lot of stuff. Appriciate if you consider this reqest in your project pipeline.
  • sujith
    Hi @Pavan,
    Kite Connect is purely an execution platform. I am afraid we can't provide support for writing strategies.
  • Pavan
    HI Sujith,
    Strategies in the sense "https://github.com/arkochhar/Technical-Indicators" provided in in other framworks/laungages. Infact i was requesting for Official client in Qt(C++). If this request is valid then only my statement valid. ANyways i started writing my own client, if it works out i will approach you as to represent third party client. Thank you for the response.
  • sujith
    Hi @Pavan,
    We don't have in-house Qt expert as of now. You can go ahead create a Kite Connect client. We can promote it :)
    The above mentioned technical indicators repository is by one of the community members @arkochhar .
  • Mrigesh
    @Vivek @All - Is Kite Java API paid API? I mean , i have tried to get #private and #public key/token , it takes me to a window to but some 2000 credit..? Please assist?
  • sujith
    Hi @Mrigesh,
    Kite Connect App is monthly subscription based service. It will cost you Rs2000/ month and if you want to use historical data, it is an add-on subscription which is 2000/month.
    Please open a new thread for queries it will help others who are searching for the same.
  • RajeshSivadasan
    Do we have an option to use the API for writing and back testing code without any charges? I mean zerodha should only charge if I am executing orders through API.
  • tonystark
    @RajeshSivadasan Sorry. As of now, we don't offer such functionality. You might be interested in Streak, a startup funded by Zerodha that has a powerful backtesting engine.
  • shankarpandala
    I am using the python asynchronous code example. It worked well for a month. Now I am getting below error daily and stops the streaming.

What could be the reason? And what should I do to get it reconnected automatically

2018-01-17 16:51:01,220 - websocket - ERROR - error from callback <bound method WebSocket._on_error of <kiteconnect.WebSocket object at 0x7fe9e040acc0>>: on_error() takes 0 positional arguments but 2 were given
    2018-01-17 16:51:01,260 - websocket - ERROR - error from callback <bound method WebSocket._on_close of <kiteconnect.WebSocket object at 0x7fe9e040acc0>>: on_close() takes 0 positional arguments but 1 was given

I have tried adding below line to the code but of no use

kws.enable_reconnect(reconnect_interval=1, reconnect_tries=50)
  • sujith
    sujith edited January 2018
    @shankarpandala,
    You can check out new example for Kite Ticker using pykiteconnect here.
  • sujith
    If anyone wants to add new content/examples on this. Please create a new thread. We will add it.
This discussion has been closed.