KiteConnect3 API Limits

arunkmarcse
arunkmarcse edited August 2019 in Python client
Hi Guys,

I'm new to KiteConnect3 and building an automation platform for trading with Zerodha. I would like to know the list of API limits in Per Second basis and other types of limits. I have been searching for this info for a while but i got few in some where in this forum and online. But, those post were created 1 or 2 years before. Is there any new limits now? It would be great if you can let me know all the consolidated list of API limits which are currently applicable. This would greatly help me to plan my coding strategies in the initial phase.
  • rishiswethan
    @rakeshr he's asking for any changes in these limits, do you know of any changes?
  • sujith
    The above-pointed thread has the updated rate limits. Apart from those, there is a maximum limit of 200 order placements per minute.
    Apart from API limits, there is also an account level order limit set by the Zerodha RMS and that is 2000 MIS orders and 2000 BO/CO.
  • arunkmarcse
    Thanks for the info..
  • krtrader
    wondering why kite dev team doesn't create pinned post mentioning all the rate limits. it would make our life easier.
  • sujith
    @krtrader,
    It is already pinned from a very long time. It comes under FAQs.
    The point is nobody looks at pinned posts. People want readymade stuff and still keep asking for the same.
  • arunkmarcse
    @sujith I did saw the pinned posts under FAQs before. But, it was updated long back during December 2017. I was hoping that you guys would have increased the API limits Because let's say for Historical API, you are providing 3r/s where Upstox API provides 10r/s that too with a cost of around INR 600. I'm hoping Zerodha will increase API limits in the near future.
  • sujith
    Kite Connect is only for retail traders and not for HFT. For HFT, you might need a colocation server setup at the exchange.

We do keep changing the values. The ideology we follow is to cache the data and use it rather than assigning variables directly to the API response while running the strategy.
    These rate limit numbers are meaningful and have been thought through.
    We really hope everyone should have fair access to all the features we provide. We don't want API users to bang our servers and affect other retail non API guys. If you use these APIs efficiently then these rate limits are more than enough for retail traders.
  • arunkmarcse
    @sujith I can understand.. Thanks for your comment.. Please Close this thread.
This discussion has been closed.