Available Cash & Live_balance

Yopad
I am trying to fetch available funds to trade from API. From the response I received I see few of them as : cash, intraday_payin, live_balance
As per the documentation, cash includes intraday_payin. I have deposited some amount of money yesterday and it reflects correct in intraday_payin but, why does cash section show as Zero ( as this should also include intraday_payin).

And, what does live_balance refer to, there is no mention of this response in the document.

Appreciate your time. Thanks !!
  • sujith
    You can refer to this thread to know more about margins.
  • Yopad
    thanks @sujith , but that doesn't answer my query. if "available cash" includes "intraday payin" , why does cash column show 0 and where as intraday_payin is greater than zero - in the image i shared

as per the link shared by you, "net" inlcudes adhoc margin and collateral. what if I want to trade only Options, i believe zerodha doesnt provide margin to buy options. in that case how would I know what's the amount i got any my account to trade Options
  • Akintos
    @sujith Margin.available.cash does not include intraday payin and it only show the available cash while API documentation says its does. I tested it today
    System.out.println("cash:"+ Margins.available.cash + " live:" + Double.parseDouble(Margins.available.liveBalance) + " intra"+ Double.parseDouble(Margins.available.intradayPayin));
    cash:4158.3 live:1156809.3 intra:1152651.0

From funds page on kite
    Available margin
    Used margin
    Available cash
    Opening balance 4,158.30
    Payin 11,52,651.00

Please look into this
  • rakeshr
    intra:1152651.0
    Payin 11,52,651.00
    Didn't get you? It's showing fine as per your println output.