kite.orders () not giving updated order list

himanjim
himanjim edited August 2019 in Python client
Whenever I place a new order and then fetch orders list using kite.orders () (PYTHON API), the newly placed order doesn't reflect in the list of fetched orders in the first fetch. The kite.orders () API need to be called 3-4 times then only newly placed order is found in the fetched list. This issue mostly surfaces in the first 1-2 mins of market open.
  • sujith
    Can you let us know how long before it appears on the orderbook?

It is possible that there is a delay because at the opening we fire the AMOs also which will be in tens of thousands and the message queue at the exchange lines also peak at these times. We are constantly working on this to bring this down to the minimum with the OMS team and by increasing lease lines and many other alternatives.
  • himanjim
    In few seconds order appears on the orderbook. This error happens only during first minute of market open.
  • himanjim
    The issue cited above is becoming worse. During first 2-3 mins of market open, the newly placed order doesn't reflect in the list of fetched orders at all for many seconds. This delays placing new orders. Please look into this.
  • harshtock
    hi @sujith sorry for commenting here.. but i have posted a discussion 2 days back but it is still in drafts.. couldn't see where to complain regarding this so posting here..
  • rakeshr
    @himanjim
    As stated by sujith above,it can happen during first few minutes as tens of thousands of AMOs being send at market open.We assure you that, we are working on this to bring it down to the minimum.
  • rakeshr
    @harshtock
    You will get an option to post discussion/comment in saved draft.
  • harshtock
    @rakeshr
    i have posted 3-4 times but i only get this message:
    "Your discussion will appear after it is approved."

it's still there in drafts since 5 days
  • rakeshr
    @harshtock
    Are you talking about this thread?