maximum order requests per second,per day and maximum modify order requests per second,per day

vasisht
vasisht edited April 2020 in Java client
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what is the maximum order requests per second,per day and maximum modify order requests per second,per day currently as well as in normal times in kite connect.

-vasisht
  • vasisht
    Also,please let me know the number of modification requests per order as well.
  • rakeshr
    @vasisht
    You can go through this thread.
  • vasisht
    vasisht edited April 2020
    @rakeshr
    in the thread vivek mentions the following.
    "

Vivek February 2019 edited February 2019 Flag
    @sabyasm I have looked in to your requests and it seems like your are consistently sending more than 200 write requests per minute (mostly PUT request) hence you are getting rate limited.

Vivek February 2019 Flag
    @sabyasm Yeah rate limits have been slightly tweaked recently. Instead of having per second based rate limit we switched to per minute for write calls (POST, PUT and DELETE). Get calls still have the same per second rate limits. We will increase the write rate limits to 300 per minute for now but soon we will publish a revised rate limits for all calls.
    ".

what does he mean by write requests or write calls(POST,PUT and DELETE). does it mean it is for order placing and modify order rate limits.if it is, is the 200 requests per minute rate limit includes both order placing and modify order or is it 200 request for order placing and 200 request for modify order.

• vasisht
    Also,the rate limit above is per stock or for all stocks together?
  • sujith
    The limit is 200 per minute for both order place and modify order request.
  • sujith
    It is not a separate count.
  • vasisht
    vasisht edited April 2020
    @sujith also,is'nt there a number of modification requests per order as per the below link.
    https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/7312/restriction-on-number-of-modifications-per-order#latest

it is currently 25 due to increased volatility. correct me if i am wrong. what is it at normal times?
  • sujith
    It was 300 earlier.