Would I need a Dealers Terminal for using the Kite API?

free_spirit
free_spirit edited May 2020 in General
I am a retail trader, already client of zerodha. If I want to use Kite Connect API then,
Would I need a Dealers Terminal for using the Kite API?
What are the charges for same?
Any specific prerequisite for getting dealers terminal?
Tagged:
  • sujith
    You can check out FAQs here.
  • mlearner
    mlearner edited May 2020
    If I take Kite Connect subscription, will I be able to automate my trading algo and execute trades automatically or do I need a Dealer Terminal for it?

Checked FAQ list above, but not clear. Please reply.
  • sujith
    You will have to log in manually at least once a day on the Kite Connect login page. Kite Connect is for personal use only, why would you use dealer terminal for that.
  • mlearner
    Ok @sujith. I referred to personal use only. I read somewhere that to automate trades you need a Dealer Terminal. So what I understand is following -

-"Using Kite Connect subscription, I will be able to automate my trading algo and execute trades automatically, provided I login to Kite Connect manually once a day." Please confirm.

-Also what is the earliest I have to login for a calendar day? Will 00:00 hours work?

-And any plans to remove this daily manual login barrier?
  • rakeshr
    -"Using Kite Connect subscription, I will be able to automate my trading algo and execute trades automatically, provided I login to Kite Connect manually once a day." Please confirm.
    The automation part depends on your logic/coding skill. You can use different API endpoints to fetch the required data/order placement from our side.
    Also what is the earliest I have to login for a calendar day? Will 00:00 hours work?
    You need to login post 07:35 AM for that day. You can go through this thread for more detail.
    And any plans to remove this daily manual login barrier?
    No. It is made mandatory by an exchange.
  • mlearner
    Got it. Thanks for your revert.
This discussion has been closed.