handshake response is not '101 Switching Protocols'. The status line is: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

santak
Trying to connect to KiteTicker . getting the below error. Have updated the access token multiple times. But still getting this issue. API call the access code is working but for websocket getting 403
Can you provide some direction.

com.neovisionaries.ws.client.OpeningHandshakeException: The status code of the opening handshake response is not '101 Switching Protocols'. The status line is: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
at com.neovisionaries.ws.client.HandshakeReader.validateStatusLine(HandshakeReader.java:232)
at com.neovisionaries.ws.client.HandshakeReader.readHandshake(HandshakeReader.java:54)
at com.neovisionaries.ws.client.WebSocket.readHandshake(WebSocket.java:3244)
at com.neovisionaries.ws.client.WebSocket.shakeHands(WebSocket.java:3123)
at com.neovisionaries.ws.client.WebSocket.connect(WebSocket.java:2155)
at com.zerodhatech.ticker.KiteTicker.connect(KiteTicker.java:214)
at com.trade.TradeDataStream.getTradeData(TradeDataStream.java:45)
at com.trade.TradeDataStream.main(TradeDataStream.java:14)
  • sujith
    It seems like your session is expired and you need to re-login.
  • cnavani
    Hello @Sujith, Have been using Kite API since last several years. First time saw this error at around 4PM today. (Equity markets closed but currency market is still open). Regenerated tokens by relogging in. But issue persists. Could you please check?
  • sujith
    @cnavani,
    I don't see any issue with your Kite Connect app. Did you log into any of the platforms?
  • cnavani
    Nope. It just my single app. I dont use any other platforms. It was all fine till 4PM and then it stopped working. Also note all other API calls are working. Just streaming websocket seems to have problems
  • rakeshr
    @cnavani
    This is fixed. Apologies for the issue.
  • cnavani
    @rakeshr Thank You! Really appreciate quick turnaround!!