Full mode data is not complete

neji
Hi,
I was trying to fetch full mode data for options and futures on NIFTY 50. In full mode data a lot of fields come up, but today a lot of fields are missing. And I have encountered this problem earlier as well and not just today, but back then the problem used to get solved by restarting my session and today even after attempting multiple restarts since market opening, nothing seems to work. Please help

look at the image below,
you can find the print of the instrument tick I received
  • neji
    @sujith please help
  • rakeshr
    @neji
    From the above screenshot, you seem to set mode as 'mode': 'quote' instead of full MODE_FULL.
  • Vivek
    @neji Like @rakeshr said from the response we can see that its mode `quote` currently but you need to set mode to `MODE_FULL` using `set_mode` method in ticker. Check the example in README here - https://github.com/zerodhatech/pykiteconnect#websocket-usage
  • neji
    I have been using the same code for a month. And I have double-checked it. It is a full mode for sure. You see even when the market data starts coming but I have found that sometimes after 2-3 hours, I get this error. I think it is a problem from somewhere else.
  • rakeshr
    @neji
    Can you paste complete request param? we will try to reproduce the same at our end.
  • neji
    today the same code worked seamlessly. I think there is some problem at Zerodha's server end. Sometimes server even when the mode has been set to FULL, gives quote mode data. The interesting thing is this: it need not happen soon after we start our session but maybe after let's say 2-3 hours. Earlier when this used to happen in the middle of session execution, I thought it is happening because of low internet speed. But yesterday it happened since the session start. One more thing: yesterday I observed that it was taking a long time to connect to a session and also more time to get the first tick as well. After this observation, I reached to a conclusion that may be Zerodha server when overloaded starts giving quote mode data to users who have requested full mode data
  • neji
    @rakeshr today. After around 2 hours I started getting the quote mode data and hence my code crashed. I re-ran the code after an hour and it worked then. Why does it happen? Please explain
  • rakeshr
    @neji
    After around 2 hours I started getting the quote mode data and hence my code crashed. I re-ran the code after an hour and it worked then. Why does it happen? Please explain
    We haven't observed this happening, when we tried last time. Can you paste your Websocket code? We will try to reproduce the same at our end