Historical Data Vs Current Data

sagard
sagard edited February 2020 in Java client
Pricing
Kite Connect subscription - Rs. 2000
Historical data subscription - Rs. 2000,

Could anyone elaborate the difference, what are the API provided by of Kite Connect subscription vs Historical data subscription ?
E.g. If I am looking for today's first 15min candle details & market is live (consider its 12Noon for day). will it be consider Historical data & I need to purchase "Historical data subscription" too ? If not, which API I can leverage to get details of first 15min candle at 12Noon.
  • sujith
    sujith edited February 2020
    Kite Connect subscription offers all the features like placing order, fetching orderbook, positions, funds, holdings and much more. The historical data subscription is an add-on on top of the base subscription.
    If you are looking for candle data of 15min then you will have to generate candles at your end using the live market data provided via websockets. You can refer to this thread to know how to get started.

Even though the 15min candle data of the same day is available in the historical data API. It is provided for backtesting purposes only. We don't recommend using the same for live strategies.
  • sourirajan
    the question is with (Kite Connect subscription - Rs. 2000) do you provide current day live data.
    for 2000 rupees do you give API+today's data,
  • sujith
    Yes, live market data is included in the base subscription.
  • sourirajan
    thanks sujith
  • sourirajan
    Hi, also I didnt find any request response sample code / output for python kiteconnect api similar to https://www.5paisa.com/developerapi/orderstatus. Can you pls share a link if available.

I found https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v3/orders/, but couldnt find for python.
  • rakeshr
    You can check python client documentation here.
  • sourirajan
    documentation is there, but there should be request / response data for each method else how will we know whether input params to functions should be int or string or whatever.
    Brokers who are providing free API are giving request / response data.
    Zerodha is charging 2000 rupees and not giving any request / response data smiley:

{
    "head":
    {
    "appName": "APPTRIAL",
    "appVer": "1.0",
    "key": "ue73jH6AKVXeEKIKHVzBswG5syrAyKYxg",
    "osName": "Android",
    "requestCode": "5POrdStatus",
    "userId": "s9RzKCjdL9N432FRS",
    "password": "nznS4f34VBGBG6zXw"
    },
    "body":
    {
    "ClientCode": "12345678",
    "OrdStatusReqList": [
    {
    "Exch": "N",
    "ExchType": "D",
    "ScripCode": 40124,
    "RemoteOrderID": "90980441"
    },
    {
    "ExchType": "D",
    "ScripCode": 40124,
    "RemoteOrderID": "90980925"
    }]
    }
    }
    Sample Response
    Copy
    {
    "body":
    {
    "Message": "",
    "OrdStatusReqList": [
    {
    "ExchOrderID": 1000000000140570,
    "ExchOrderTime": "/Date(1552999348000+0530)/",
    "ExchType": "C",
    "OrderQty": 100,
    "OrderRate": 174.6,
    "PendingQty": 0,
    "ScripCode": 2475,
    "Status": "Modified",
    "Symbol": "ONGC",
    "TradedQty": 100,
    }
    ],
    "Status": 0,
    },
    "head": {
    "responseCode": "5POrdStatus",
    "status": "0",{
    "statusDescription": "Success",
    }
    }
  • sujith
    @sourirajan,
    Which client library are you using?
  • sourirajan
    sourirajan edited October 2020
    Have multiple acc, I went through api docs of fyers , 5 paisa, etc.. they all have given request response data. I thought if needed in future , I will learn how the api works, and subscribe.In general for all api users its useful and needed, for quick understanding.
  • sujith
    We have provided the curl examples and the response structures in the documentation.
    For type strict languages, we have provided a detailed explanation in the client library documentation itself.
    You can check out the javadoc here.
  • sourirajan
    @sujith thanks for info, if other python users are ok with the docs, don't mind me.
This discussion has been closed.