Is intraday 1-minute historical data available until 2015?

Shank
Shank edited October 2020 in General
I read the FAQ post which was posted in 2018 and it says that intraday historcal data is available up to 3 years. Does that mean it's available up to 2015 or 3 years from the time when the api request is made, which would be 2017 if i make the request today?
  • Shank
    @sujith Can you help me out with my query? Thanks.
  • Shank
    @rakeshr I already went through the FAQs but it was unclear which why I made this post in the first place. You didn't even read my post and nobody else is even bothering to reply. Nice forum Zerodha's got where I can't even get a straight answer to a simple question.
  • Shank
    @sujith @rakeshr tagging you again hoping that you can take 10 seconds out of very very busy schedules to actually read my post and give a direct answer instead of linking me to the FAQs again.
  • rakeshr
    As stated, we have intraday candle from 2015-02-02 for most of the contracts.
  • Shank
    Finally a proper response. Thanks. Btw you say "as stated" even though it's not stated anywhere in the FAQ post or in any of the links inside the FAQ post that intraday data is available from 2015-02-02. The closest thing pointing to the start date is a post saying "up to 3 years" but it's super vague as it doesn't specify whether it's 3 years from when that post was made or 3 years from the day of request. You should consider updating the FAQs or adding that super important information to the API documentation itself.
  • sujith
    @Shank,
    We had back populated data from different sources, for some we might have intraday data from early 2015 but for some, we have data from the last quarter of 2015.
    The only way to find out is by user fetching data for whichever instrument he is trying to fetch.