Getting "Insufficient permission for that call" error despite a valid KiteConnect API subscription..

hpoxps
hpoxps edited October 2020 in .Net API client
Hi Sujith,

We have a valid KiteConnect subscription, but when placing an order using the Kite .NET API, I am getting this error, "Insufficient permission for that call" . I have made sure that the Zerodha Client Id that is used to initiate the Login flow is the same one that is authorized for the API in developer.kite.trade console.

Incidentally, I am able to get the holdings and positions without any problems.

Here is the code:
var h = kite.GetHoldings();

var o = kite.PlaceOrder(
Exchange: Constants.EXCHANGE_NSE,
TradingSymbol: "KOLTEPATIL",
TransactionType: Constants.TRANSACTION_TYPE_BUY,
Quantity: 1,
Product: Constants.PRODUCT_NRML,
OrderType: Constants.ORDER_TYPE_MARKET,
Validity: Constants.VALIDITY_DAY,
Variety: Constants.VARIETY_AMO);

Here are the requests/responses:
DEBUG: GET https://api.kite.trade/portfolio/holdings?
DEBUG: User-Agent: KiteConnect.Net/1.0.0.0
DEBUG: X-Kite-Version: 3
DEBUG: Authorization: token inoguicx58omwhd9:Vh5Kdw0898o4D6UBA5Y32FGgvoHf3IBH
DEBUG: 200 {"status":"success","data":[{"tradingsymbol":"CADILAHC","exchange":"BSE","instrument_token":136274180,"isin":"INE010B01027","product":"CNC","price":0,"quantity":465,"t1_quantity":0,"realised_quantity":465,"authorised_quantity":0,"opening_quantity":465,"collateral_quantity":0,"collateral_type":"","discrepancy":false,"average_price":429,"last_price":430.55,"close_price":430.55,"pnl":720.7500000000052,"day_change":0,"day_change_percentage":0},................................................

DEBUG: POST https://api.kite.trade/orders/amo
exchange=NSE&tradingsymbol=KOLTEPATIL&transaction_type=BUY&quantity=1&product=NRML&order_type=MARKET&validity=DAY
DEBUG: Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
DEBUG: User-Agent: KiteConnect.Net/1.0.0.0
DEBUG: X-Kite-Version: 3
DEBUG: Authorization: token inoguzcx58omwhd9:Vh5Kdw06o4fD96UBA5Y32FGgvoHf3IBH
Exception thrown: 'System.Net.WebException' in System.dll
DEBUG: 403 {"status":"error","message":"Insufficient permission for that call.","data":null,"error_type":"PermissionException"}

Exception thrown: 'KiteConnect.PermissionException' in KiteConnect.dll
An unhandled exception of type 'KiteConnect.PermissionException' occurred in KiteConnect.dll
Insufficient permission for that call.
  • sujith
    Please don't paste app or client-specific details on the public threads, it can be misused. If you ever need to share session or client-specific details then use the private message feature on the forum.
    You seem to have created an app for masses, you need to use Kite Publisher to place orders. For more information, please write to compliance at kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com someone from the team will get back to you.
  • mishipal
    Hi even i am getting the same error while fetching historical data. The rest of things are working fine. I have a valid subscription for kite connect api as well as historical data.
  • rakeshr
    @mishipal
    You can go through Historical Data FAQs for insufficient permission call.
  • mishipal
    Working since next day. I guess api access works after the day from starting subscription
  • sujith
    @mishipal,
    One has to re-generate the access token after subscribing for an add-on.