Rate limit is per client ?

omtechnologies
Hi, We are developing a solution for mass usage. The rate limit you impose, is it per client. So say i have 100 clients using app then limit of 3 req/sec applies for per access key per user for 100 users 300 req / sec (3 max for each user ) ???
  • sujith
    Hi,
    Kite Connect by default is provided only for the single user only. You need to speak to compliance with your product details and get the approval and multi-user access.
    You can write to them with product details on kiteconnect(at)zerodha.com
  • omtechnologies
    @sujith Thanks for quick response. I have already written to them and awaiting their response. However, my question is about the rate limit. For multi user, i hope you are providing this limit per client.. Kindly confirm if that is the case.
  • sujith
    The rate limits are based on api_key. It can't be on a client id since people can use multiple Kite Connect apps.
  • MAG
    @sujith
    Just a small clarification. You said rate limit is based on API_KEY.
    I understand that if one creates multiple apps, each one has a different API_KEY.
    Does that mean that if one has multiple apps, they will have a higher all overall cumulative rate limit across all apps?
    Lets use order placement limits at 2000 per day as an example as its simple and straighforward.
    So If one has three apps, will it be 2000 orders per app/API_KEY?

Obviously one would need to pay 2K for each app individually.
  • rakeshr
    Does that mean that if one has multiple apps, they will have a higher all overall cumulative rate limit across all apps?
    So If one has three apps, will it be 2000 orders per app/API_KEY?
    Yes, each unique api_key has a specific limit.
  • omtechnologies
    @rakeshr my query was regarding the app developed for mass public usage.
    Since 2000 orders per app is nothing so i still don't understand the rate limiting on api_key

So do we need to create several apps one for each of our client ??

Thanks.
  • sujith
    There are limits associated with each Kite Connect app and there are limits on the Zerodha account.
    You can know more about the Kite Connect rate limits here.
    Apart from this, there are 2000 MIS orders and a 2000 BO/CO limit set by the RMS for every Zerodha account and there is a 25 times modification limit set on all orders by the RMS.
  • omtechnologies
    @sujith thanks for clarification. I got worried that its 2000 per api. Glad to know its 2000 per account which is fine i believe