Using Publisher and Kite Connect together requires 2 logins

bondre
We are building a trading application that enables the end-user to create a trading basket by first getting latest prices and their available margin using the kite connect API. This requires a login. Then once the user is ready, we use the kite publisher plugin to present the basket to the user to purchase. This starts another login workflow. Is it possible to combine the authentication for Kite connect and publisher?

P.S.: We are using the java APIs for Kite connect.
  • rakeshr
    @bondre
    Yeah, the above flow of combining publisher and connect APIs is possible. For multiple user access you need to write to us at talk(at)rainmatter.com with details about your platform flow.
  • bondre
    I have sent an email to the address you suggested. However, the reason we started using the publisher plugin was because we want to support multiple users. I will appreciate if you can provide some suggestions here while we open a channel with the rainmatter folks.
  • bondre
    @rakeshr
    (forgot to tag you). Please refer to my earlier post.
  • mdprasad
    @rakeshr @sujith
    hello, we are facing same issue as described above. We do have multiple user access for our app. Even after user logged into connect API (cookies are being set in the browser), but still when we use publisher to place order, it is directing to login screen and expecting login credentials again.

Regards
  • sujith
    sujith edited May 2021
    @mdprasad,
    Are you opening Kite Publisher in an iFrame? Can you let us know what happens on webview in the following scenario?
    Open Kite Connect login page > login using password and 2FA > success > close webview > launch the Kite Connect login page again
  • sujith
    Ideally, opening the login screen second time should directly give you a request token.
    Also, make sure to select the checkbox the log in to kite web also.
  • mdprasad
    @sujith Noted. Will check with checkbox tick on. But as we are creating an app for multi users, can we have login screen with default tick on on check box and customer can untick if wanted?
  • sujith
    @mdprasad,
    Can you do the user flow video and private message me the video?
    We want to see the exact issue that you are facing.
  • jogesh
    @sujith sent you a private message with Video of same issue we are facing.
  • sujith
    The end-user has to select the checkbox while logging in to keep the session. Otherwise, a new session has to be created while opening Kite Publisher.