Postback getting null data

nikhilbansal
hi @sujith

I am getting this response from zerodha api on postback url. Can you please suggest or help us in fixing this problem?

{"order_id":null,"exchange_order_id":null,"status":null,"status_message":null,"tradingsymbol":null,"exchange":null,"order_type":null,"transaction_type":null,"validity":null,"product":null,"average_price":0.0,"price":0.0,"quantity":0,"filled_quantity":0,"unfilled_quantity":0,"trigger_price":0.0,"user_id":null,"order_timestamp":null,"exchange_timestamp":null,"checksum":null,"placed_by":null}
  • sujith
    Is this in the Websockets order update?
    Are you using the official dotnet client or the one provided by @HowUTrade ?
  • nikhilbansal
    @sujith we are using official dotnet client only... given on api doc... is there a version issue on .net library?
  • sujith
    No, we haven't come across anything like that.
    Can you elaborate more about the issue with more details about setup and version number of framework and library?
  • sujith
    Is this Postback URL or order updates on Websockets?
  • nikhilbansal
    https://robo.trendgurus.in/api/Home/KiteApiPostback ( this is the postback URL) and we are using this for updating the orders.. whenever the order is executing then i am getting response on this URL but all values are coming as null from zerodha's size..
  • nikhilbansal
    @sujith Please check my comment above

https://robo.trendgurus.in/api/Home/KiteApiPostback ( this is the postback URL) and we are using this for updating the orders.. whenever the order is executing then i am getting response on this URL but all values are coming as null from zerodha's size..
  • sujith
    Can you give us the exact params you are sending for placing an order? We haven't come across this issue.
    There are live businesses running on this API. It is very unlikely that this is happening. Is this consistent or intermittent?
  • nikhilbansal
    @sujith We have send below parameters while placing order to api. OrderId and other parameters are received in response. But after changing status of order all values received null on postback url. Please check.

Exchange:"" , TradingSymbol:"", TransactionType: "", Quantity:"",
    Price:"", OrderType:"", Product:"", TriggerPrice:""

• rakeshr
    But after changing status of order
    Can you explain more on this?
    By changing status, do you mean modifying the pending order? if yes, then which all order fields, you tried to modify.
    We are not able to reproduce this at our end.
  • nikhilbansal
    @rakeshr we are not modifying order. We just place an order and wait for api to postback payload on postback url. (postback doc url: https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v3/postbacks/)
  • nikhilbansal
    @sujith Can you please help on this? we are not able to proceed further due to this issue.
  • sujith
    It seems fine at our end. It must be some kind of parsing issue at your end.
  • nikhilbansal
    @sujith We have checked our API using ARC tool and our API is working fine there is no parsing issue. Data is all coming null from zerodha when order status is changing...can you please give reference doucment if there is anything else required to be done... Its really important because api subscription is ending and not able to get solution to this problem.
  • nikhilbansal
    also if you can confirm when doing post content-type : application/json??
  • sujith
    You can refer to the documentation and example.
  • nikhilbansal
    @sujith

Post back url issue is resolved however we are now facing some new issue. When we are modifying order from terminal then we are getting prices one strick back... This means when i am modifying prices/qty etc first time then nothing changes.. when we do modification next time again then we are getting previous response on our API. This issue started facing just now. Can you please look into this and help?
  • sujith
    @nikhilbansal,
    I would suggest using postbacks as the event to fetch orderbook. These are async messages pushed from OMS and there are few scenarios wherein you might get multiple messages and in reverse order.

Also when you send a modify request, a 200 response means the order modify request is successfully placed it doesn't mean the order is modified. You need to check the status_message field in orderbook to know the reason for not modifying an order.
  • nikhilbansal
    hi Sujith, We are still not getting correct results on post back URL and our software is not working correctly due to that. Can you please help us on this urgently?
  • sujith
    You can use postback as the event to fetch orderbook and see what is the correct order status and other required fields.