Android Chrome latest version stopped kite publisher login

satheesan
I am unable to login kite button using Chrome in any android version but working with MI, JIo etc. The login process is simply getting failed. I have Tried with multiple versions and the result was the same. Pls check Zerodha's own example in your mobile with the latest updated chrome browser. https://kite.trade/publisher-demo.
Correct me if I am wrong.
  • rakeshr
    @satheesan
    Pls check Zerodha's own example in your mobile with the latest updated chrome browser. https://kite.trade/publisher-demo.
    Working fine in Android Chrome browser(version 84.0).
    Can you check your browser version?
  • satheesan
    If so feel some issues at my end. Both PIN and 2FA levels getting failed with a message like " Please complete login before verification" but working fine with other browsers in android...
  • sujith
    You may have to enable cookies.
  • satheesan
    Cookies are fine...it has some basic issues since I am able to log with kite web ... login session expires while completing 2FA or PIN, and all the three mobiles that the error rectified belong to Xiaomi.
  • Sharonsdel
    I am also facing the same issue
  • satheesan
    This issue notified almost 25 Days Back. No solution yet!!
  • sujith
    It should be fine now. I think this was because of the chrome update.
  • sujith
    sujith edited September 2020
    Sorry my bad, I thought this is fixed. This seems to be happening because of chrome's new cookie policy.
    We have informed the team to take a look at this. This involves a lot of changes at our end. So we would suggest using an alternate browser in the meanwhile.
  • mdprasad
    Hi, is this issue fixed? We are also facing similar issues with Publisher in Android Chrome. Firefox (in Android ) is working fine.
  • sujith
    @mdprasad,
    We had done some changes to fix this. It seems like with the new chrome update it is broken again. Our team is looking into this.
  • mdprasad
    Thanks Sujith. Understand it is difficult time. Just, if you can put some TAT or how much time it took last time to resolve, it would help us a lot.
    Just for info, we (Mahogha) are an early stage startup working on multi user application.

Thanks again for prompt response.
  • mdprasad
    @sujith any updates on above? Thanks.
  • vatsarj
    Hi @sujith any update on this issue, looks like it seems to be impacting multiple users.....could you please investigate this and fix it at the earliest.
  • sujith
    @mdprasad, @vatsarj,
    We have informed the concerned team to take a look at this. They are working on this.
  • yogesh.karale
    yogesh.karale edited May 2021
    @mdprasad @vatsarj

Can you please share which G chrome version are you using? I am having no problem. Currently, I am using 90.0.4430.212.
  • vatsarj
    vatsarj edited May 2021
    @yogesh.karale @sujith I am using 90.0.4430.216 on iPhone 7 and the Kite Authentication fails. Just to clarify I am not referring to the direct login to Kite on the mobile browser. I am referring to the login via my website using Kite Publisher which redirects to Kite for login.
    I have checked many of my friends on both iPhone and Android with various other browsers including Opera and Firefox, in all of them the issue is the same, it does not go beyond the login part.
  • vatsarj
    @sujith could you please guide us and let us know if using Kite publisher via a Mobile App (on Android and Apple) will resolve this issue ? Does Kite publisher work on a Mobile App without having to invoke a browser session on the mobile ?
  • sujith
    Kite Publisher is mainly built for web, the auth flow goes through browser or webview.
  • vatsarj
    @sujith so the question is does WebView help in this case ? instead of using the usual browser ? Could you please let me know how long it could take to resolve this issue or what are the alternatives to execute via Mobile ?
  • sujith
    Can you give us the error message or screenshot after entering credentials?
  • vatsarj
    @sujith I have attached the scree shot with the error message.
  • sujith
    This is because cookies are not enabled.
  • mdprasad
    @sujith, @yogesh.karale we are using Android chrome version 91.0.4472.77 and 90.0.4430.210. Publisher is not working. PFA snapshots.

• sujith
    @mdprasad,
    This is because of the change in the policy of iFrame cookie management, our team is looking into this issue.
  • vatsarj
    @sujith I am using the latest version of Chrome browser on iPhone 7 and there is no option to enable / disable cookies. So could you please let me know where you can see to do this ?
  • vatsarj
    @sujith I believe it is the same iFrame cookie management issue that is also causing the login to fail in iPhones as well. So what is the status of this issue and could you please let us know how much more time your team may require to fix this ? I believe the issue was reported nearly 9 months back and has been unresolved since then.
  • sujith
    @vatsarj,
    Like I have mentioned earlier, there was an issue nine months back and we had added a fix. It seems to have broken after the latest update. Our team is looking into this.

Regarding enabling cookies on chrome, you can go to browser settings > privacy > clear browsing data > Cookies, Site Data must be turned on.
  • vatsarj
    @sujith attached screen shot of the above cookie settings you mentioned. I believe this is already set as you mentioned ?
  • sujith
    We were able to reproduce this. This could be related to cookie management again. We have informed the concerned team.
  • mdprasad
    @sujith Any updates on publisher issues with Android chrome & iPhone 2FA login @vatsarj ?
  • vatsarj
    @mdprasad I am user like you.....so even I am waiting for Zerodha and @sujith to get back on this issue.....
  • mdprasad
    mdprasad edited June 2021
    @vatsarj i got it :) just tagged you to request update from @sujith on the issues raised by you (snapshots provided by u). As we were facing the same issue as well.
  • vatsarj
    @sujith is there any update on this issue ? Could you please let us know if there is any progress on this one ?
  • rohitjeswani
    @sujith We too are too facing the same issue. Request you to please look into it on priority basis.
  • sujith
    We have tried few solutions but nothing works. We are thinking of moving away from iFrames probably.
    We are exploring alternatives.
  • vatsarj
    Hi @sujith could you please update if there is any progress being made on the alternates / solution ? Thanks
  • sujith
    @vatsarj, @rohitjeswani,
    You can try offsite order execution since it doesn't have iFrame.
  • vatsarj
    @sujith Do I use the same API Key as being used for Kite Publisher ? Also, I am assuming there are no charges for this as well ?
  • sujith
    Yes, you can use the same api_key and it is free if you use Kite Publisher api_key.
  • vatsarj
    @sujith can I build a mobile app of my own and integrate it with Kite for sending orders similar to Kite publisher ? Do you have such an option ?
  • rakeshr
    can I build a mobile app of my own and integrate it with Kite for sending orders similar to Kite publisher ?
    You can build an app and integrate Kite publisher in the same. I guess, this serves your usage purpose.
  • vatsarj
    @rakeshr is there a SDK available for integrating with Kite to send orders via a Mobile App ?
  • sujith
    We don't have any SDK for that, you can just invoke Kite Publisher on a webview.
  • rubaljhavar
    rubaljhavar edited August 2021
    Hi, There is some issue in Zerodha publisher API button since yesterday, i am frequently getting an "Error while fetching session. Please reload the page message. "

Please suggest.
    This issue is happening at my end. When I checked zerodhas demo page, it is showing the same error there as well. Kindly suggest.
  • sujith
    Can you elaborate more about the issue?
    What platform are you using and browser version? Does a hard refresh solve this or clearing cookies will help?
  • sujith
    Is this for personal use or for mass?
  • rubaljhavar
    I am using chrome version 92.0 but this issue can be replicated even on other browsers. I cleared the cookie as well as did a hard refresh but the issue is persisting. We are currently 7-8 people who are using this, but we may also need to extend this to a few other folks. Kindly suggest, as we are blocked on execution.
  • rubaljhavar
    Also when this issue is checked on the demo publisher page, it also persists.
  • sujith
    @rubaljhavar,
    Others are also facing the same issue? I just tried on chrome latest version and it seems fine for me.
    Just trying to gather more information to debug this issue.
  • sujith
    Is this consistent for you?
  • rubaljhavar
    yes, others are also facing the same issue. it is consistent for me. repeats after every 3 clicks.
  • rubaljhavar
    Although, if I refresh the url couple of times, it works.
  • rubaljhavar
    @sujith : If possible can I have a short call with you or any of your associates to explain it better.
  • vatsarj
    Hi @sujith and @rakeshr I wanted to share a Youtube video I have created on how by making a small settings change for iPhone users one can overcome the issue being faced. Please watch and share

• Arham
    Did you fixed the issue if yes please suggest what was your approach?