Sometimes Order gets cancelled/rejected.

tusharwagh10
Sometimes order gets rejected or gets cancelled. How can I deal with this issue ? What is minimum time span to place same order to not get rejected ?
  • sujith
    Can you elaborate?
  • tusharwagh10
    I trade in options(banknifty,nifty). Sometimes when I place order, I get status == CANCELLED when I check status of the order I placed through kite.order_history().
    How can I deal with this issue ? What is minimum time span to place same order to not get rejected ?
  • rakeshr
    How can I deal with this issue ?
    You have to capture status_message field from cancelled order to know, reason behind the cancellation.
  • tusharwagh10
    Okay.
    I got the reason behind the rejection "The order was cancelled by the exchange because the price is outside the current allowed execution range. [Read more.](https://zrd.sh/fo-execution-range)"
    What is minimum time span to place same order to not get rejected ?
  • rakeshr
    What is minimum time span to place same order to not get rejected ?
    Didn't get what you mean by time span here?
    As, per the above rejection reason, you are trying to place order outside of the circuit limit range.
    So, in order to avoid your orders getting cancelled/rejected, you should place them within the circuit limit range. Time span has no role to play here.
  • parikh
    How to get to know the circuit limit range, when the orders get cancelled. Sometimes the cancelled orders are stoploss limit / Market orders and would like to place them as soon as possible.
  • rakeshr
    rakeshr edited June 2021
    How to get to know the circuit limit range, when the orders get cancelled
    You can use Quote APIs to fetch circuit limit range for the required instrument.
    Sometimes the cancelled orders are stoploss limit / Market orders and would like to place them as soon as possible.
    Yes, you can replace such orders with some delay. Make sure, you are not exceeding the order placement rate limits.
  • tusharwagh10
    You said,"Yes, you can replace such orders with some delay"
    Can you tell exact time to replace such orders or at least average time ?
  • rakeshr
    Make sure, you are not exceeding the order placement rate limits.
    Please, go through the above mentioned thread, which explains your query.
  • tusharwagh10
    Yes, we are not exceeding the order placement rate limits.
  • rakeshr
    There is no fixed time period delay as such. You just need to make sure that, by whatever time delay you re-place such orders, it is not exceeding the rate limit.
    PS: You are adding the delay here just to make sure it is not exceeding the rate limit. If you are not exceeding the rate limit for that second(check all your connections, using the same API key), then you can even place the order again, without any delay.
  • harshtock
    harshtock edited July 2021
    @rakeshr i received an error while trying to buy an OTM option of banknifty. it was trading at 34800 and i was trying to buy 34100. The error message gave a reference of this link
    https://support.zerodha.com/category/trading-and-markets/kite-web-and-mobile/articles/why-did-my-bank-nifty-option-order-get-rejected

my question is, is this range dynamic or it is static for 1 day?
    for eg. if banknifty has moved from 34800 to 34200 within the day, will i be able to buy 34100 when it has moved closer?
  • rakeshr
    my question is, is this range dynamic or it is static for 1 day?
    Our RMS team dynamically updates the range all throughout the day to ensure that we remain within the exchange's allowed OI. You can check the bank nifty dynamic range here.