Maximum allowed order modifications exceeded.

Imran
Hi @sujith
During execution of our algo we received this limit error.
Maximum allowed order modifications exceeded.
We had modified our orders nearly 20+ times. after that this error occurred.

If there is order modifications limit set to 20 - 25 times. then it becomes hard to do trailing on intraday basis.
Can this limit be increased , or there is some other workaround that you can suggest.
Tagged:
  • sujith
    sujith edited February 2021
    You will have to cancel and place an order again. We have discussed this constraint with the team, we are yet to arrive at any kind of conclusion.
    Another workaround can be to have a count of modification for each unique order_id and once the count exceeds 24, cancel the previous order and place a fresh order with the current modifying price.
  • Imran
    Thanks for the response.
  • samphel
    @Imran @sujith raised the same issue few days back ,if you are limiting at every process then what is the use of using your API and how can our trading platform is algo trading .. i request zerodha team to at least increase the modiying limit.
  • prashantnagrecha
    any updates on this limit. Algo trading is hard to achieve if we limit updates to order.
  • sujith
    @prashantnagrecha,
    As mentioned above you will have to cancel and place a fresh order.
  • sutolani@gmail.com
    Sujith, I had same issue on Nov 18, and also raised the ticket no #20210603628314 Support desk. This caused me a loss of over Rs 1 lakh, though I did not exceed and order counts... I am told API count exceeded....What the hell is that?
  • sujith
    This limit has been there for more than a year. We haven't made any changes. If you have exceeded the order modification limit then you need to cancel and place the order again.
  • Imran
    Imran edited November 2021
    hi @sutolani@gmail.com
    If this is the error "Maximum allowed order modifications exceeded."
    this happens when you try to modify an order more than 25 times.
    please see this thread https://kite.trade/forum/discussion/2760/no-of-request-to-api