Update: gokiteconnect 4.0.0 released (includes breaking changes)

sujith
sujith edited August 2021 in Go client
A new version of gokiteconnect is available now, the release has some breaking changes which include changing package structure.

Following are the highlights of the release,

This release has two major changes for improving the developer experience

- New models package that unifies the ticker and connect package structs
- Improved ticker life cycle management

New features in this release
- Support for initiating holding authorization, fix for detecting holding auth required
- Basket order margin call

Other changes
- Support for timezoned timestamp parsing
- Added missing fields in mutualfunds SIP structs and UserProfile
- Compact mode for margin call

For more information,
You can refer to the release page here.
  • Dileep
    Hi @sujith I upgraded the kiteconnect package by "pip install kiteconnect --upgrade --pre" After that i am getting error message as "FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\algo\\lib\\site-packages\\kiteconnect-3.8.0-py3.7.egg'" . How to resolve it?
  • rakeshr
    @Dileep
    "FileNotFoundError: [WinError 2] The system cannot find the file specified: 'C:\\algo\\lib\\site-packages\\kiteconnect-3.8.0-py3.7.egg'" . How to resolve it?
    Looks like your python environment variable PATH is not set properly. You can have look at this doc.
    PS: This is not related to Go kite connect lib, you need to create a separate thread for this, or else, we will have to delete your above discussion.
  • pranksterguru
    where is the V4 document? i still see V3 https://kite.trade/docs/connect/v3/

also, i can see the tick has OHLC . is it 1 minute ohlc? can we change it from 1 minute to something else?
  • sujith
    OHLC in the Websockets API is the day's OHLC.
  • sujith
    sujith edited August 2021
    v4 is the version of the gokiteconnect and not the Kite Connect API.
    You can find the v4 documentation of gokiteconnect here.

The new API endpoints are just added as section in the API documentation.
  • pranksterguru
    day's OHLC doesnt make sense in tick data as there will not be any major change. either consider changing it to one minute or take ohlc gap as parameter.
  • sujith
    These data are not created by us, we just relay whatever exchange publishes.
  • pranksterguru
    can you push the jar to maven repository too ?
  • sujith
    @pranksterguru,
    What feature are you looking for? There is no breaking change in javakiteconnect hence it is a minor release.
  • pranksterguru
    pranksterguru edited August 2021
    The release document says it is breaking change. i am not very keen on any of the new change so i will keep using the old version of javakiteconnect. however i thought moving to new version is always better

v4 is a breaking major release with a modified package structure.

This release has two major changes for improving developer experience

New models package that unifies the ticker and connect package structs
    Improved ticker life cycle management
  • sujith
    @pranksterguru,
    This thread is about gokiteconnect as the heading says.