Kite live data feed

JRoy
Hello, can anyone help me, with how to get 2/3/5/15 min live data feed using Python code or is there any function to use this interval/candle minutes as a parameter.
  • rakeshr
    You can use websocket streaming. Go through the python usage example here.
  • JRoy
    Basically, I need a live feed every 5 min, how to achieve that? I am getting fill data by using "ticks" variable, how to get "last_price" from that variable, I subscribe MODE_FULL.
  • Vivek
    Websocket is for continuous data, you can use quotes API to fetch periodically.
  • JRoy
    JRoy edited April 2023
    Basically, I subscribed to Connect (2000 credits for 30 days) which is tick by tick day for the day. Assume if I use this websocket using this subscription, I am getting tick by tick data for the day 10-April. But I need 10-April every 5 or 10 or 15 min data, in that case, which subscription I should take, should I need to subscribe to historical data?

if yes, can I subscribe only historical data ?

Thanks.
  • rakeshr
    But I need 10-April every 5 or 10 or 15 min data, in that case, which subscription I should take, should I need to subscribe to historical data?
    Yes, Historical candle APIs or you can use form candles at your end as well using the websocket streaming. This thread explains more.
    if yes, can I subscribe only historical data ?
    No. Go through the FAQs here.
  • vaibhavsharma13
    @JRoy you need to record your data. You can plot only the recorded data for candles of 5 min, 10min etc.