multiple api sessions

h3h3
can orders be sent from multiple devices simultaneously for the same trading account using api?
Tagged:
  • sujith
    As long as you have a valid access token, you can place orders from multiple systems. I am hoping this is for running different strategies on different machines.
    You may need to watch for this.
  • h3h3
    okay, say you've obtained an access token after the login flow on device 'A', now that same access token can be used to place orders from device 'B'

OR

we have to obtain another access token by going through the login flow on device 'B' ?
  • rakeshr
    you've obtained an access token after the login flow on device 'A', now that same access token can be used to place orders from device 'B'
    Yes, you can use access_token, just make sure you are not exceeding the defined rate limit.
  • h3h3
    okay, thanks both of you
  • Ismail
    I have an https server on which I create a session and collect data via websockets. Now I want to trade from my localhost server and when I use the same access token I get a TokenException: Invalid or expired token.

I am using kiteconnectjs v3 on the server, and v4 on the localhost. Could this be an issue?
  • sujith
    You can refer to this thread.